After a few months enforced exile from the darkroom I finally managed to get some "red light" time. I figured this would be a good time to try out 16X12 fibre, so bought some Ilford MG.
After a few test prints I was struggling to get a decent black, and the print looked much flatter than normal. Then it hit me, I've bought Matt instead of gloss! As I said earlier DOH!
So, what, if anything can I do to improve the Dmax, (To answer the usual, it was fresh dev at 20C, and I deliberately overexposed some prints but to no avail.) The deepest black I can achieve is just a dark gray, charcoal I suppose, and I really don't like what I'm seeing. I'm very peed off with myself at the moment, £40 down the pan because I didn't read a label. Ouch!
Any and all suggestions welcome.