Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,730   Posts: 1,515,254   Online: 841

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do they have some kind of freezing ray that comes out of them to stop people from moving while this 1/8 sec exposure is going on?
    Yes, indeed, it' s called the Leica I.S. (Image Stabilizer)

R.F. : No mirror and a M7 shutter is so quiet that in practical use it's possible.

A Bessa 2R w/35mm 1.2 can be a good alternative but in (long term) quality you are talking about a different camera. (And of course a different price).

About the films: If you have to work on 35 mm film, the differences are a matter of a personal opinion. Both Tmax 3200 and Delta 3200 can give you the desired results.

Robert

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Here's Delta 3200, shot at 12,500 and developed in D76.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post-2-1107491287.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images

fast..

[QUOTE=huggyviking]I just remembered I had used some Delta 3200 last year, shot at 3200 and developed in Rodinal of all things.

Ilford Delta is now my favorite (used to be the T-max 3200)
    I tried it in my Diana camera (never tried it below 12500 iso) developed in Rodinal 1:25 in about 15 min at 26 degrees C...
    I LOVE the result - nice clear grain.
    see attch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails d-dyr9b.jpg   id-winter1a.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Ilford Delta is now my favorite (used to be the T-max 3200)

just to compare: t-max 3200 at 12500iso on a bright summer day..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mikaka4.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    gandolfi,
    You have some of the nicest stuff going -- bar none.

FWIW In the images you posted I prefer the heavier grain and contrast of the Tmax. The former might be more of a nod to my tastes.

In any event, Your images would look good on silly putty.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    well - yes, maybe me too....

I forgot to say that the first was taken with my Diana camera so the grains might seem smaller as the enlargement wasn't so big as the latter (topcon Super DM)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gotta agree with MrCallow. It's easy to make a high grain print look bad, but you seem have a method well established. The bird, particularly, is stunning.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi there,

Photographer's Formulary has an additive for D-76 called Crone-C for pushing film to it's max. speed. I have no idea how fast you could get the 3200's. If you look up a thread here about lantensification they posted a recipe for a pre-bath to double the speed with normal development.

Have fun with it.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've heard numerous reports of pushing T-Max 3200 to EI 25000 -- picture hand holding under a full moon. Of course, that's with an f/1.4 lens, because the stuff only comes in 35 mm. If you shoot mostly medium format (as I do) Delta 3200 is the only choice. Doesn't look bad at 12500, though; I might have to get a few rolls to put my Reflex II to a real test when I get it fixed...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Saaaaay...

I wonder what it would take to convince Ilford to coat and cut Delta 3200 in sheet formats? Picture hand holding a Speed or plate camera with available light in a bar or arena...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin