Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,588   Online: 874

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    10x10 E-2 double weight expired in 1958
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I had a box of G-2 AZO and a box of Kodak VELOX that I sold to a fellow here on the board. I have not heard back from him to how the printing has been going, but I tried a few sheets of each paper before selling it...and both printed beautifully! I wish I could have kept the VELOX, but it was 5x7 size, and thats too small for me.

I have some very old G-3 Kodabromide paper I want to try out. I also just got done print with some old Platinum/palladium paper...which printed more beautiful then I can explain. There is one post under my gallery on it.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Some for sale on Ebay from 1921; I wonder if it is any good?

Shooter
    35mm
    Same age I am and it still works with regularity. I need to finish up with contact paper.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    [...]
    Not on topic at all, but I wanted to play the "old paper" game since I don't have any Azo. If anyone is interested in trying any of these out send me a PM.
    Jeremy,

I've got a box of contemporary Azo 8x10 with probably about 50-70 sheets left. Since it'll be a while before I get my darkroom up and running again, if you wanted to borrow the box and pull 10-15 sheets for yourself, lemme know. It ought to work just fine with the Ansco 130.

-KwM-

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Z.
    Some for sale on Ebay from 1921; I wonder if it is any good?
    I had bought some from Ebay. With a 1921 date. Sent it to Paula Chamlee. See sent me a print. It looked different them modern Azo but still Quite nice.

I was the recipient of McPhotoXes print. Some Old Palladio paper I sent him. Hard to describe how beautiful that came out. The gallery is only a representation of the actual.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlibersky
    I had bought some from Ebay. With a 1921 date. Sent it to Paula Chamlee. See sent me a print. It looked different them modern Azo but still Quite nice.

I was the recipient of McPhotoXes print. Some Old Palladio paper I sent him. Hard to describe how beautiful that came out. The gallery is only a representation of the actual.

During the past year or so a number of folks have sent me very old AZO for testing, most of it from the 1920s through the 1940s. I evaluated these materials carefully with BTZS type testing and am amazed at how well the old material printed. For example, the AZO 2 paper from the 1940s had a B+F of only about log 0.04 over contemporary AZO 2, and the ES and Dmax was virtually identical.

It is really sad that this wonderful paper will not be made any longer by Kodak.

Sandy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin