Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,730   Online: 817

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I wonder how I am going to get any film in the island of Crete if film is banned from airplanes Graham.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    I wonder how I am going to get any film in the island of Crete if film is banned from airplanes Graham.
    I was tempted to make a frivilous reply, until I realised I didn't know enough about Crete to make a comment that wouldn't make me appear as an idiot if the foundations of the comment were wrong. I was worried that Crete had no sea access.

I think Crete would get film by sea

Regards
    Graham.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Indeed Crete could get film by the sea if its economically viable.
    But then we stirred away too much from the subject at hand.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    I've travelled to Cuba and they flatly refuse to hand inspect film or cameras. They x ray your carry on bags going into the country. So my 400 film was xrayed going in and comiing out and not a problem at all. I was pleasantly surprised. I would think Israel has better equipment than Cuba.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    Imagine the day that film will be banned and only digital cameras would be accepted in a plane because of security reasons, or that the laziness of security personal stop being cordial to film camera users because of digital...
    I presume you are joking. Even the bureaucrats would have to establish the nature of risk that film imposes. It would create more work to ban it if you think about it. Film is a record, and it is unlikely a traveler would forego their film at the checkpoint. Rather, they would have to turn around a check it.

I could imagine them deciding not to do hand inspections, though, in which case you'd have to make a difficult decision about whether you should pass it through or not.

Does UPS, Fed Ex, etc. xray? Perhaps you could ship your film separately to your destination.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin