Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,590   Online: 843

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Do I have what I need?

Hi all! I bought some Xtol from Adorama to use in a mix described in this (scroll down to about mid-page) article.

My bag of Xtol is labeled "Part B" - I didn't see any other complimentary chems offered on Adorama's site. Do I have what I need to mix up a working batch (should I decide to use it as a stand alone developer)?

And one bit of clarification on the mix described in unblinkingeye.com article; I assume I should use 100ml of Xtol mixed as usual. Can someone clarify?

Lastly, has anyone tried this blend before? It seems really interesting so I'm excited to experiment but would love to hear about other users experiences.

Thanks in advance and take care

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Your Xtol should have arrived as two bags joined together by adhesive. The larger bag is part 'A' and the smaller one is Part 'B'. If you received only part 'B', you did not get from Adorama what you ordered.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    check with adorama, there should be a pack labeled "A"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those bast.... err, I mean, yes - I will have to call them. Ya know, I ordered an OpTech strap too but they sent the wrong thing entirely. They used to be decent to order from but lately their service, accuracy, etc. has gone the way of the south!

Ok, so what about the mix - anybody tried it?

Images
    That is Adoramma for for ya. When you call them expect to be treated like crap.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    IIRC Part B is just buffer [can anyone confirm this?] so it could be used for divivded developers?
    Anyways you should receive a fulll refund plus a new bag of Xtol!

I haven't tried that one, but I have access to erythorbic acid, and adding 4 g/l [plus some baking soda to neutralize the acid] to Rodinal 1+100 gives me very pleasing reults with JCPro100 and Efke 100

On the toher hand, check this site:
    http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/xtol/
    Mama took my APX away.....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    Ok, so what about the mix - anybody tried it?
    No. But I have Rodinal, I just mixed 5 liters of Xtol that I am currently experimenting with and I have plenty of Tri X.
    Thanks for the link
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    No. But I have Rodinal, I just mixed 5 liters of Xtol that I am currently experimenting with and I have plenty of Tri X.
    Thanks for the link
    Are you saying "thanks" to me or to Titrisol? If to me, then you are so very welcome. And if to Titrisol, than let me add my thanks - the info is very helpful!

So, are you going to try the mix, Neal? If so, let us know what you think of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    Thanks for the link
    Neal, did you ever try the mix?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    Neal, did you ever try the mix?
    Not yet. I am new to Xtol and still trying to nail down times and dilutions and results with the films that I normally use. My initial Xtol test with TriX showed very smooth but possibly somewhat mushy grain. It is still early to tell, but it looks like a good candidate for using the Rodi/Xtol combo.
    I'll keep you posted if I try it, If you beat me to it, let me know.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin