Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,518   Online: 893

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    I hope you let him look through your ground glass.

But they always leave nose prints that are a PIA to get off the GG
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    I hope you let him look through your ground glass.
    He'll think it is an upside down LCD screen
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Why is it that when my fellow countrymen leave these sceptred isles they suddenly insist on talking like a cross between Cary Grant and Hugh Grant transported back to 1947???

I beg your indulgence and please allow me to inform the persons herewith assembled that such modes of speech are not customary in today's thrusting 21st century Britannia...

Oh... blast!...

Bob.
    I thought it was a Trident you chaps set off with. If you hadn't broken it I might not be an ex-colonial
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Why is it that when my fellow countrymen leave these sceptred isles they suddenly insist on talking like a cross between Cary Grant and Hugh Grant transported back to 1947???
    Because if we speak in our usual manner most americans either (a) Cannot understand a word we're saying or (b) think we're Australians.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    In modern native english this would be "Oi! Mate! Wossat fing all abaht then? Yoo wanna get yerself wunna them digi'al phone camras pal!"

Yeah Baby,
    My watching Coronation Street for the past 10 years has finally paid off!!! I understood what you just 'said'

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've often thought that some of the Art movies made in Enland during the late '50s, 60s and 70s should have had English subtitles. I found it easier to understand French or Swedish...
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is funny just about a month ago we had a Guest speaker at our camera club from a local all digi store. I lasted about 20 min.( Most of our members are into digital now.I would say about 60%.)He did not mention nothing about
    that this technology changes every 2-3 months.Scanners or printers are in thousands of dollars. Cartridges for the printers last for couple of months if you don't print much, each cartridge is $20, for a 30x40 Canon printer are $120 each it needs 6.My favorite store is slowly going digital.I have to say most of my stuff is coming now from specialty stores in the States.They look at me with a smile when I take my MPP to a field trip.They take a lot of photographs of me under a dark cloth.I am calm and contend that what I am doing is lot of fun and I have a place to share my interest with like minded people like your selfs.
    Thanks Sean for a great forum.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I often get very positive reactions from other photographers when I'm walking around New York with my Tech V. Particularly if they are shooting digital, they'll say something like, "yeah, that's the real thing."
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nightly Wisdom: The constraints of film force you to spend the time to think about your image. Digital frees you from having to think about your image. Rather, the constraints of digital forces you to think about your finances.

Which one do you think will result in better images over time?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    In modern native english this would be "Oi! Mate! Wossat fing all abaht then? Yoo wanna get yerself wunna them digi'al phone camras pal!"

You forgot the 'innit'.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin