Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,564   Online: 1114

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1:4 is a ratio. A ratio of one measure of developer to four measures of water. Resulting in a final volume the equivalent of five measures.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you are mistaken.
    1:100 is a ratio of developer to water -> 1 part developer and 100 parts water or 1+100
    1:1 = 1+1 = 1 part developer and 1 part water.
    and so forth

IMHO 1+1 is easier to understand for everyone than 1:1

Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis
    1:100 means 100 times dilluted.
    So 1000 ml/100=10ml concentrate in a total volume of 1000 ml

That means: 10 ml concentrate + 990 ml water = 1000 ml total volume =>
    1+99 BINGO

I will get a drink from you when i ever come to Ireland.

best regards,

Robert
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    1:4 is a ratio. A ratio of one measure of developer to four measures of water. Resulting in a final volume the equivalent of five measures.
    Thats what I would have thought but going by Roberts example of 1:100, it would not be so.

Are the drinks on Robert then ?

Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    well...i agitated for the first minute and then once every 5 minutes.

and as I previously said, I think I have to come down to 17-18 minutes which would be a reduction of 10-15 percent. that should be alright.

more testing later today.
    Ok, now you've officially made it so simple that I have no excuse not to try Rodinal. =)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It sounds to me like liter and gallon

To end this discussion about Rodinal: In the German and Dutch instruction of the latest Rodinal bottles it is indicated as follows: 1+25 and 1+50.

So to our dillution "problem" => 1+100 10 ml + 1000 ml = 1010 ml end volume (fortunately this will also fit in the tank )

Sometimes life is hard to understand.

.... and this year we have holiday in Ireland of course, which such nice offer.... thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    By the way, talking about the Ilford problems: they just came out with an overview list of products: http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/monopal0505.pdf

Remarkeble is perceptol: Enquire, that means maybe it will come back?

Robert

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Brett Weston used to use APX 25 and Rodinal 1+100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    IMHO 1+1 is easier to understand for everyone than 1:1
    That's for sure. Thankfully, Agfa and Ilford use the + sign in their dilutions, but for some reason Kodak hasn't caught on yet. They continue to use the : sign. The + obviously means plus or to add it to another part. The : means ratio, and for some reason the photographic society uses it to mean "add to" or + (plus). "Ratio" and "Plus" are not interchangeable terms in the everyday world. They are as different as shoes and bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    1:1 = 1+1 = 1 part developer and 1 part water.
    and so forth
    This is only true in photography, so it works for us. In the outside world though, 1:1 does not equal 1+1. 1:1 would not even be a true ratio. It would simply be 1. We would call that a stock solution.

Anyway, for us, what titrisol says is right. The colon (:) and the plus (+) are interchangeable. I guess it's 'cause we're special.
    [COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Arial]Some days are diamonds. Some days a tree crashes through your roof.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've always considered ":" and "+" to be the same method of mixing chemicals.

Ratio of "one part Rodinal to 100 parts water" still equals 101 total parts.

Adding "one part Rodinal plus 100 parts water" still equals 101 total parts.

But at 100 or 101 parts of one solution, it's really a moot point. Being close to right is just as good as perfect at that dilution.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lee is right, with such a great dilution, it is a moot point. the important thing is to do it the same way each time, 1 + 99 or 1 to 100 or what ever. It's a fine combination with Pan-F in any case, as was rodinal and the late great agfa-pan 25.
    I've got 10 rolls of apx25 120 left in the fridge, what to do, what to do? that's a matter for another time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin