Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,514   Online: 936

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Ilford Pan F+ and Rodinal 1+100

Does anyone use 1+100 regularly? If so, what is the dev time and ISO/ASA ?

I currently use ISO 50 and 11@68 but will need to conserve my Rodinal while on a trip so I would like to use 1+100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been shooting PanF+ at EI50 in rodinal 1:100 for 15min 68F. Although I haven't been shooting a lot of PanF+ lately, the last roll I shot came out nicely- not too contrasty.
    -Grant
    Last edited by VoidoidRamone; 04-27-2005 at 01:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This I will try!

But first I have to get out shooting some IR...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    Does anyone use 1+100 regularly? If so, what is the dev time and ISO/ASA ?

I currently use ISO 50 and 11@68 but will need to conserve my Rodinal while on a trip so I would like to use 1+100.
    I responded to this in the other thread, but rodinal is worth the duplication so:

Oh yes. My long time standard for Pan-F+ is 1:100 for 8 min. @ 70F. I rate the film at 32. Very nice. I've done this since before the "+" was added to the name. This gives me a zone VIII highlight value of 1.20.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Okay...so I shot some Pan F+ today at ISO 50 and then developed 1+100 for 20 minutes at 68 degrees and the negs look rather good but maybe a bit dense.

So I am thinking the time is probably around 17-18 minutes.

(I developed two 120 rolls in a 1000ml jobo tank. 10ml rodinal plus 990ml water)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David, wouldn't that make it a dilution of 1+99?
    Sorry to sound pedantic but I've only been developing my own film for about 5 months or so, and have always assumed 1+## meant exactly that, one plus? eg 1+50 in a litre tank would be 20ml rodinal + 1000ml water.
    Have I been over-diluting slightly?

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    David, wouldn't that make it a dilution of 1+99?
    Sorry to sound pedantic but I've only been developing my own film for about 5 months or so, and have always assumed 1+## meant exactly that, one plus? eg 1+50 in a litre tank would be 20ml rodinal + 1000ml water.
    Have I been over-diluting slightly?
    Hmm slightly Well it dosn't really matter much when we are talking 1:50, 1+50, 1:100 and 1+100 but you are right
    1:50 = 1+49
    1+100 = 1:101
    thats a difference of 1-2%. I suspect agitation and the "40cm issue" matter more
    It's more of a problem if you are talking 1+3 or 1:3
    of cource we have to be accurate on these things
    Cheers Søren

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The confusion arises because I read 1+50 or even 1+4 as one part developer plus fifty parts water or one part developer plus four parts water.

Surely if it was supposed to be one part developer to fortynine parts water it would say so?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The first difference between 1:100 (1+99) and 1+100 for Rodinal I have to see in 35 years darkroom experience, but indeed in theorie you 're right.

I have just tested a serie of R3 in CG512 (23:00 Min., 24 degrees C.) and Pan F (as reference film) in CG512 (12:00 Min. , 24 degrees C.) The grain and sharpness of the R3 was slightly better. (both on iso 50).
    Maybe a good idea to do a last test with the suggested Pan F and Rodinal combination.
    Only one problem: Hard to get some (new) rolls of Pan F at the moment.

Detailed information about this CG512 is on our NL website. This soup is compatible with the Rollei low speed developer.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis
    Only one problem: Hard to get some (new) rolls of Pan F at the moment.
    I just bought a ten roll pack of PAN F (35mm) from Jessops ( http://www.jessops.com/search/viewpr...&WORD_SEARCH=N&). Not the cheapest I've ever bought it but it did arrive next day no problem (without me having to specify next day delivery and therefore I avoided the exorbitant next day fee!). Maybe there's a shortage in the Netherlands?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin