Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,705   Online: 750

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Paterson FX 39 Developer

Does somebody know where to get the stuff? Can't find it at B&H, Adorama, Freestyle, Calumet, Photographer's Formulary.... -jeff buckels (albuquerque)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Found the Paterson FX 39 at B&H

Thank you, Mr. Foley. I don't know why I couldn't find that myself when I was going through the B&H website.... By the way, to anyone: This FX 39 is marketed as high-defintion developer for the new (is it "tabular"?) films. "FX" is the old designation for the orig. HD developers that started coming along in the early 60s, developed by I-don't-remember-who (Chas. Farmer?). FX-1, FX-2, etc. Does anyone know the significance of the number 39? Apart from the fact that it was Jack Benny's last birthday? By the way, Clay Harmon, one of the best materials-testers around, recommended this stuff to me.... -JB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I THINK its the proprietary version of FX-37, which is published in the 'Darkroom Cookbook.' Its my developer of choice for APX in 35mm and 120.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbuck
    "FX" is the old designation for the orig. HD developers that started coming along in the early 60s, developed by I-don't-remember-who (Chas. Farmer?). FX-1, FX-2, etc. Does anyone know the significance of the number 39?
    Geoffrey Crawley is the inventor of FX-1,FX-2,...etc. Many of his formulations were published in the British Journal.

FX-39 is one of the formulations that Crawley did not publish. Crawley sold FX-39 (and several others) to Patterson.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin