Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,548   Online: 1067

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, I didnt expect to learn that much - I am glad my question sparked this dicussion, very informative.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just take this fixer concentrate, dilute it 1+6 with water, then use it for anything from negative film to paper. The time for B/W films is about 3-4 minutes under some agitation, and about the same for all RC papers. It always worked perfectly, though I always use a 2% acetic acid stop bath to keep the fixer fresher.

Good luck,
    Zhenya

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In Way Beyond Monochrome, the authors describe a method of testing the clearing time for paper. I prefer the Tetenal test strips for peace of mind.

The use of film strength fixer is part of the Ilford archival method that they describe in their documentation. I assume they have done the necessary testing to prove the method works, as they presumably have for their reduced water use method for washing that many people have adopted.

Cheers, Bob.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin