Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,876   Online: 942

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Paterson Acculux II

I've been using this developer on and off for about 2 years. It is one of the "sleeper" products in the marketplace. I'm wondering if someone has an idea of the chemical make-up. I'm not interested in wanting to make it; just curious what components it has since it works so well. I know its one of Jeffrey Crawleys inventions; FX something or other.
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter, Acculux II is a proprietary formulation created by Geoffrey Crawley for Patterson. The ingredients are unknown - AFIK.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Unknown

Tom-can't you take a guess at it? (Where's our review of the fixer? ) Just curious to find out if the developer has phenidone or what in it. There is a small mention in the Anchell Film Book. But no real insight.
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter, I haven't had time for any fixer tests yet - work interfered. Next week is a possibility.

The Paterson MSDS sheets don't give me a clue what the developing agents are in Acculux II.

A Google search on Acculux-II came up with anecdotals that the results produced by Acculux II were similar to those produced by ID-11.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    peter, you hold the same view as I do and asked the same question. The stuff is quite incredible I think, good speed, fine grain, amazing tonality andd just produces great negs every time with no fiddling. No idea whats in it, but like all Paterson devs, it is great. I am a real fan as they are cheap and hugely underappreciated. I am sticking to pyrocat HD for a while to really get some consistency, but once I have it nailed, will pick up the aculux again and try fx39, which I hear gives great speed and has superb acutance.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin