Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,709   Posts: 1,548,622   Online: 1183

Shooter
    Medium Format

Tetenal Ultrafin & Efke R100 Films

Anybody have any experiences using the above combination?
    I've just purchased a batch of Efke, but only have tetenal at home, I know a lot of you use Rodinal, but I don't have any experience with that.
    Also I could use some help with Dev times?

Thanks in advance

sam

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Ultrafin

Send a message/PM to Ole. I believe he knows about these. There is also Fotohuis in Amsterdam who posts here. These are more available in Europe.
    Best, Peter

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't have any personal experience with Ultrafin, I prefer Neofin

But the combination is listed in The Massive Dev Chart, with a 7 minutes continuous agitation in Ultrafin 1+30. I would start with 10 minutes intermittent agigitation, if I were to try this...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Ole,

You mention The Massive Dev Chart, what is that (a large chart with dev times, I assume :-) ) and where can I find it?

I'll try the times you mentioned, but I use rotary dev, so I wont be able to do intermitent.
    I'll keep you all posted!

sam

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh - you didn't know? The Massive Dev Chart is one of the great resources on the net, giving times for lots of different films in lots of different developers. If you can't find the exact combination you want, at least you should be able o find equivalents that will help you guess a good starting time.

It's at http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html - don't let the address upset you
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That, is a truly brilliant resource!
    Thanks for that Ole, looking fwd. to getting home tonight to test my Efke!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Massive development chart has many entries that are based upon rules-of-thumb, extrapolations or comparisons with what an author considers similar films - not necessarily manufacturers' recommendations. Some are wildly incorrect. So proceed as you would any new film and test well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin