Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,738   Online: 1159

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

B&W Transparancies

I've been reading about Agfa's Scala film and all the kudos it gets. Does anyone know of any b&W transparancy film that can be processed in a home darkroom?
    :D [SIZE=3]Jim[/SIZE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any B&W film can be. I think Kodak makes a kit. Or you can mix up your own chemicals. There used to be a pretty good website with all the formulas but that site seems to have gone away. Worse I don't think it's archived any place. So unless somebody has the stuff printed out that's a big loss. The Ilford website I think still has some info on making B&W slides.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    TMAX works pretty well. Here is some info on how to process it

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...?msg_id=00AQNP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have a look here for a summary: http://www.photosensitive.ca/BWslides.shtml

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Scala is also a good negative film but the price is a little steep to use it that way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ElrodCod
    Scala is also a good negative film but the price is a little steep to use it that way.
    Yep, it works well in Rodinal Special.

Shooter
    Large Format

FOMAPAN R 100

Agfa Scala is expensive but comes in 120mm size as well as 35mm. J&C Photo carries Fomapan R 100 which they describe as "a panchromatic black-and-white reversal film intended for taking black-and-white slides."
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks, I'll check out the referneced sites and have some fun!
    :D [SIZE=3]Jim[/SIZE]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Agfa APX100, APX400, Ilford FP4+ give good results. APX100 quite as good as scala.
    Claude

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk
    J&C Photo carries Fomapan R 100 which they describe as "a panchromatic black-and-white reversal film intended for taking black-and-white slides."
    Worth noting here; this film can *only* be processed for positives; it has a silver antihalation layer and will be solid black if processed as a negative. I've read that it's possible to bleach away the antihalation layer and leave a negative, but I'd expect such treatment to also be detrimental to the shadows in the image (and it'd be silly to do that when Fomapan 100 negative film is cheaper -- except that the R 100 comes in 16 mm, which would be handy for submini cameras).
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin