Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,265   Online: 1120

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks all.. seems I have lady luck on my side. I was standing by the tank, and couldn't remember how often to invert! Now I know, thanks for the tip!

Daniel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Congratulations Daniel! Don't fret the temp issue. As you discovered, film is frequently more forgiving than the instructions would lead you to believe! You can recover from lots of little mistakes, and frequently even from a whopper.

I did the opposite of your mistake the other night. I was mixing up some D76 and forgot to heat the water first. I realized it as I was halfway through pouring in the packet. As I had plenty of packets sitting around, I just dumped the lot and started over.

Mix up a little champagne and celebrate!

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good job, Daniel -- hard to argue with the results. As others have suggested, your low agitation compensated nicely for the overly warm developer (though with other films, you might have had real problems; I think the emulsion might slide right off J&C Pro 100 if you developed at 85 F, though I've done Tri-X at 90, once, with good results). Even so, to my eye those negatives look a tad overcooked, but not enough to be a big problem; print with a #1 filter and you'll be all good. Certainly not bad for a first effort -- and clearly not the first you've shot; the images themselves show a well trained eye and familiarity with the camera and the methods of available light.

Now, go make some masterpieces!
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin