Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,535   Online: 1061

Thread: C-41 B&W Films

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

C-41 B&W Films

Hi there

Sometimes I am in short of time when shooting some B&W stuff for customers. Therefore I am looking the best way to deal with this. I often do not have the time to develop the film myself, but have to have the film done by a lab. My local pro lab has dropped trad. B&W film development so these films are not an option. Furthermore I need the prints within a few hours for evaluation and for picking out the candidates for final use with the customer.

It would be great if the film is well for scanning, too.

Morten

P.S.: If I do not find any solution I have to go dig***l to compete with other photogs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hiya Morten

Easy peasy Ilford XP2 rated at 250 or 320, have it processed normally at 400. I know you will love the results and it's perfect for scanning.

Btw. Prints from C41 B&W film are sepia on colour paper.

Edit: Added the only scan I can find of XP2 at the moment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XP2.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Exactly: XP2 at the suggested rated iso value is fine.

Except for sepia prints on RA-4 at the end XP2 is the best (C41 film) option for enlarging on classical B&W (VC) paper.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    XP2 was in my mind already. I just wanted to hear the APUG opinion before buying a bunch.

I have a roll in the lab at the moment so I am looking forward to have it back. I will do some more careful testing later with different ratings and normal dev.

It is a huge advantage that it is good for copying on trad paper. And for the sepia tone: My lab is making beautiful brown prints from B&W negs on colour paper. It works great with Tri-X, too. They just have to be informed that I want them to print on color paper. But they are getting used to the funny man (me) who wants C-41 dev'ed his slide films and other not normal things.

Thanks for the comments!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Morten take 135 Hail Rodinals for thinking of digital and if that doesn't work I'll send the Rodinal Nuns around to sort you out

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Morten take 135 Hail Rodinals for thinking of digital and if that doesn't work I'll send the Rodinal Nuns around to sort you out
    Haha!

will do...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin