Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,493   Posts: 1,644,914   Online: 1195

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Grenell
    O.K. So I go to the Wells Fargo Bank nearby, where I have an account. Lo and behold, my plastic binder does not fit into the largest safe deposit box ( 1/2 inch to wide). My solution?? THe print file system comes out of the binder and goes directly into the largest safe deposit box. VOILA!!
    What if a gang decides to dig a tunnel and break in the bank's vault in order to steal what's in the deposit boxes (usually bonds, jewelry, gold, cash), then finds the negs in your box and takes them (thinking that they're precious) ??? Have you thought of that ???

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I use the PrintFile pages for all negatives and chromes. I stack the pages in the plastic archival print boxes without using the rings. They fit and are easy to get at. Unfortunately, they do get out of order.

steve barth

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Where do you find them?

I have searched every store online and no one sells them anymore.

Do you have a link?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Archival sleeves (PrintFile or equivalent) in archival Light Impressions drop front boxes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Kenro or Panodia neg files in a ring binder. FOR U.K. MEMBERS, I would advise strongly against the use of Jessops own brand clear plastic neg files. I made the mistake of using these a couple of years ago, only to find that they'd deposited a very fine powdery substance on the negs. Careful rewashing remedied the problem, but Jessops got a bollocking for it. BLIGHTY
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    We live in the country and the occasional mouse family visits our basement in winter. Iíve noticed they like B&W fiber paper. There is no evidence of an interest in negatives, but I donít want to find out. I use the PrintFile negative holders in three ring notebooks These are labeled with contents. The notebooks are then stored on shelves in a six foot by four foot metal cabinet. The doors latch and there is no opening other than a couple of 1/8 inch louvers for air flow. The basement is dry but I want air movement to avoid mildew.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto
    Where do you find them?

I have searched every store online and no one sells them anymore.

Do you have a link?
    Where do you find what? APUG sponsors Calumet & Freestyle (& probably others) stock a large range of Printfile and other systems and boxes.

For 4x5 negs I use 5x7" sleeves (sealed on the long edges). I trim off one sealed edge to make a folder; static keeps it closed. These go in cardboard boxes along with accompanying contacts.

For 6x6 and 35mm I use the ubiquitous Printfile pages, interleaved with the corresponding contact sheet. I would really prefer some form of folding strip as for the 4x5s to avoid having to slide the negs in and out. These are kept in ring binders outside the darkroom.

Bob.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    The boxes he mentioned with NO RINGS in them. Calumet, Freestyle no longer carry them and they siply are not available.

I need to know where he buys them from as I do not like nor want the rings.

Thanks, Kev

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto
    The boxes he mentioned with NO RINGS in them. Calumet, Freestyle no longer carry them and they siply are not available.

I need to know where he buys them from as I do not like nor want the rings.

Thanks, Kev
    Have you tried www.printfile.com - they have a list of suppliers in the US. Presumably a main distributor will order any stock item for you.

Failing that, they seem to have online ordering direct from Printfile: http://www.printfile.com/products.cfm

Bob.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi !
    For negative storage, I use long unglued paper enveloppe made of neutral paper by SERC (a French firm) into which I put a whole film (in 135 or 120) and a sheet of 4x5. They have all standard format and I put these sleeves in archival carton boxes, film standing upright in order to avoid pressure on them. The boxes are stored in my house, in a heated room, with relative humidity quite controled (a spare bedroom) The various boxes pile up quite neatly.
    I mark each paper enveloppe with a pencil with an absolute film number and an index film number containing date, film #, .... These informations are filed with processing notes and subject notes. This ensures a fast retrieval and a clear numbering of prints made from them.
    I've been advised not to use glassine or plastic ring binders sleeves because negatives tend to stick badly to them by time. Also, some Panodia style sheet impress some sort of mark pattern on film under pressure. So I use the vertical storage system which proved so far perfect.
    I do not know if SERC product can be found outside of France, but you may find similar products, the key being archival paper, no glued seams, and archival cardboard boxes to store films sleeves upright.
    Have a niced ay !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin