Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,828   Online: 713

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format

PYROCAT-HD Starting Times (APX100, SFX200, FORTEPAN200, anything else)

Due to my lack of ready cash (limiting my ability to waste film on lots of testing) and preference to stand on the shoulders of giants: In my mind not Adams or Brandt but all of you who contribute to forums such as this, I would like people to contribute Pyrocat-HD starting times for films that are not covered on Unblinking Eye, the Digital Truth Massive Dev Chart or other online sources.

My first requirements are for APX100, SFX200 and FORTEPAN200 times. These are films that I regularly use but I would also like to see other films such as HIE, NEOPAN100, NEOPAN1600 etcetera covered.

So then, can people please contribute to this thread with ALL times that HAVE or HAVE NOT worked with Pyrocat-HD for all films?
    Mr King has provided a great tool for us, lets get together and make it more useful.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    We have used several films with this developer and always use the times recommened by Mr. King in his article found on unblinkingeye.

The out come has always been outstanding.

Images
    SFX is a no go. it is a C-41 fikm. drop it at your local processor.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    I'm not sure but I think is not a C-41 film.

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SFX is a b/w extended-red film, thus the "special effects" name.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are thinking of XP2. So many films (still), so little time to test them all...

Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you search under pyrocat you will find lots of times and comments come up. I tend to soup for longer than most and find that at 1:1:100, APX100 is pretty good for 16ish mins at 20 degs C. Will give decent negs (I rated at ei of 64).

Tom

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks Tom, I devved the APX100 (EI80) for 8:15 @ 24degC and the SFX200 (EI200) for 10:00 @ 24degC. The APX100 is OK but some of the high contrast scenes look too contrasty. The SFX200 was way overdevved.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dogzbum
    Due to my lack of ready cash (limiting my ability to waste film on lots of testing) and preference to stand on the shoulders of giants: In my mind not Adams or Brandt but all of you who contribute to forums such as this, I would like people to contribute Pyrocat-HD starting times for films that are not covered on Unblinking Eye, the Digital Truth Massive Dev Chart or other online sources.

My first requirements are for APX100, SFX200 and FORTEPAN200 times. These are films that I regularly use but I would also like to see other films such as HIE, NEOPAN100, NEOPAN1600 etcetera covered.

So then, can people please contribute to this thread with ALL times that HAVE or HAVE NOT worked with Pyrocat-HD for all films?
    Mr King has provided a great tool for us, lets get together and make it more useful.
    If you will let me know what kind of process,(s) you use to print I will provide some recommended development times for Fortepan 200, which I have tested and used. Unfortunately, I have no experience with Neopan or with APX10o or SFX200.

Sandy

Pyrocat times

Hi, I find HP-5+ at asa 250 comes out about right at 9-10 mins 24c in a CombiPlan tank and intermittent ( 6 lifts per minute)Agitation. Depends on the scene contrast levels. In Albany ( Western Australia ) at the moment it is continuous rain, so I'd be increasing the development times. PC-HD is great for holding back those harsh Oz highlights in summer. Welcome to LF addiction.Where in Australia are you?
    Mike
    If you live forever, you'll learn everything. Living forever is the problem...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin