Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,254   Online: 768

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I find it to be very nice film. I don't have to trim the 5" side to load in 4X5 holders. Development can be problematic for a couple of reasons. The film doesn't have the dimensional stability to hold itself in most 4X5 development holder schemes. I found I could load 10 sheets very carefully in a JOBO 3010 tank but when checked later they were all floating on top of each other. Oddly, that didn't seem to be a problem for even development in those tanks though. The extra red will also be different. If you use red filters none of your current formulas for calculating exposures and factors will carry over to that film. It's excellent for 5X7. Chop at 7" and the 5" side will fit fine. It curls into the emulsion so it holds itself against the back of the holders nice and flat. Hard to load at first but you'll get used to it.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Jukka Vattanen (I sure hope I spelled that right) uses 70 mm version for a lot of things including archtecture & portraits & loves it.

I have a spool (1000') of 2402 I haven't come to grips with yet. I don't have a dark room, so I have to haul it to other locations to use a dark room. It's been pretty traumatic to get off the roll. I hope to get used to it because I have lots of PLANS for it...4x5, 5x7 and 5 x 10 in 8x10 holders. It is quite thin, I've been warned about that for flatness, but sounds like jimgalli has found other benefits from that.

I had a scare (posted elsewhere) today. Kodak gave me some exposed 2402 test strips and I found out today I had forgotten to plug the film refrigerator back in until late spring, and the freezer had enough condensation in it to mold and rust the 100 foot spool of test strips. It was similar inside, although hadn't been opened yet.

I hope my big roll is OK...or I'll be a 35mm & 120 guy again :O(
    Murray

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I misspelled Jukka Vatanen

www.jukkavatanen.com/
    Murray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin