Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,085   Online: 763

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bronica ETrsi Comments

Okay Bronica users sound off!...Need some user expereinces, websites, info pictures........interested in the ETrsi series.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Love this camera! I use it for weddings, portrait work and I even taking backpacking.

The leaf shutter gives me flash synch at all speeds so I can shoot ISO 400 film for weddings and not have to change film types going from indoor to outdoor. I can shoot color or b/w with the interchangeable backs. The 220 back gives me 30 shots; nearly as much as 35mm, but the bigger lens gives me a MUCH better image. The synch-cord terminal is located on the body, not the lens. This is great because I can change the lens w/o having to unplug the cord.

For portraits I use it with the 150 3.5 PE lens; nice & sharp, but the only drawback is that is doesn't focus quite close enough. The short extension tube could be useful in this case, although I haven't tried it.

For backpacking, I take it with the 40 f/4 PE and two 120 backs, one color, one b.w. This combo actually weighs a bit less than two Nikon 35 bodies and one lens.

I wish they were still in porduction!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I use one too - an ETRS with 40PE, 75 and 150mm lenses. Two 120 backs, a 135W back, and polaroid.

A wonderful camera when I don't want to carry LF but want more flexibility than old folders.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    I also have the ETRS...even though I rarely if ever use it anymore. I have a fairly complete system 40mm, 75mm, 150 mm, 250 mm lenses with the Bronica 2X doubler and 14 mm extension tube. I have two 120 backs, a 220 back. Compendium lens shade, Polaroid back, Speed grip, AE finder, waste level finder, extension for use with the polaroid back. It has been so long since I used it all I remember that for medium format it seemed adequate.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just remembered - I have a prism finder (not metering) which I find indispensible for vertical shots!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The shutter will fire when the battery is flat. Unfortunately, it will fire at 1/500, so while you think you've got the shot, it will probably come out totally under exposed. Same applies if the battery is cold. The ETRSi has a battery test button, so checking the battery condition is easy.

I found that they do not like submersion in rivers. You might already have guessed this for yourself.
    Heat or light; it depends on your sensitivity.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanD

I found that they do not like submersion in rivers. You might already have guessed this for yourself.
    thats sounds like that was a bad day.
    --Ryan

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." ~Ansel Adams

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin