Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,012   Online: 964

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Because you don't have much control over exposure, with most point and shoot type cameras, and filtering is not an option, you will need to work with the developing times for your film to get a negative with good shadow and highlights. I bought an older weather proof Konica several months ago and it took several rolls of film before I got the developing times correct.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I almost always have a Minox GT-E with me, always loaded with Tmax 400. It wiorks great, and I have taken phantastic shots with it. You need to know however what you are doing, especially as you have to estimate the distance.
    I makes you understand hyperfocal distances quite well though...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sure it will work. I have a Yashica T4 and by default, it will set itself to ISO 100 if no DX coding is present. I've loaded it with FP4+ and Plus-X like this and it has worked fine. I also have some DX coded cassetes that I use for faster films like HP5+ and (mostly) Tri-X. Tri-X is the best of the bunch simply because it is so much more forgiving of exposure errors than the others and is the least likely to block up the highlights with a bit of over development should it be necessary.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

T4 is great with B&W!

I just finished a roll of Efke50 in the T4 - souped in Caffeinol with Vitamin C. I'll post a few of the images of the places I'd like to share on the Quabbin Res. trip I'm going on with papagene on the 28th. I have shot lots of HP5 and TriX in it and always love what I get. This point and shoot thing has got something to it - especially when the camera does such a great job of reading the light. The waist level viewer is a nice touch as well. No substitute for the larger format and the thoughtful shot, but that camera never leaves my side- always filled with E6 or B&W. I don't know one person (boy, am I leaving myself open this time!) who has used the T4 that doesn't buy one and keep it with them -just in case.

Of course my other "gotta have it with me" camera is an old kodak 6x9 with a simple meniscus lens, so you gotta take what I say with a grain of salt sometimes.

Whitey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My daughter had a Ricoh P&S with DX coding but had no adjustments for ISO or +/- exposure adjustments, so we used HP5+ and developed in Microphen to give it a touch more speed. It worked well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you have a camera with a separate metering window, it should be possible to fool the meter into giving more exposure by sticking a piece of ND filter over it.
    Heat or light; it depends on your sensitivity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin