Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,651   Online: 872

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tmax Developer

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    What times have you used for the 1:7 dilution?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I get good results with Paterson FX 50, with all sorts of film.

Images
    Good Evening, Andrew,

I assume the question above is directed to me, since I mentioned the 1:7 dilution.

For T-100 (35mm and 120) my basic time is 10 minutes, although I'll back off a minute or so when I shoot flash shots. I give a hair more exposure (1/2 stop or so) then and use about 9 minutes. For sheet film, I use a Chomega drum on a motor base (continuous agitation) and usually go with 9 or 9 1/2 minutes for "normal" negatives, with adjustment up or down depending on the scene contrast. This is with the regular, not the RS, T-Max.

Konical

Images
    Oops! Forgot to add: for T-400, my times are about a minute less in each situation.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thefizz,

I like paterson Aculux 2 for fine grain and wonderful tonality and am experimenting with FX-39 as an acutance dev when I dont want to use pyro. The answer depends upon balance. DDX is an excellent balance of speed, grain and is prob one of the best all rounders out there but I think even at 1+9, it is too expensive really. I cannot recomment paterson devs enought and think they are hugely under rated. Aculux gives tonality that made my jaw drop when I deved my first negs (and that was a mixture of emulsioms from HP5 to Pan F to Delta 100, as I was clearing up lose rolls. FX 39 gives oads of acutance, esp to bring bite to modern emulsions. It also gived very good speed. I think using both Aculux and FX39 gives 2 very convnenient options.....and DIRT CHEAP esp at 1+14.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info Tom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin