Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,471   Online: 1028

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

One step at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley
    Take it one step at a time Mike, and not many the first time. Take the pictures, develop the film, make the prints. Try to hold back the excitement and work purposely.
    I think that this is good advice Alex. But I am excited.

Photography, film and video are the things in my life where I become EXTREMELY OCD. I have little rituals:what goes where in the camera case, where the chemicals are stored on the shelves, how long I prewarm negatives when using the condenser head, and how I agitate film and paper.

I have been thinking about the process for the past week or so. I've read the various versions of tube dev from BTZS to Sandy's to Mike's advice on the JandC tubes. I've read Michaels Azo articles. But, you're right when you advise focusing on one thing at time. Expose, develop, print.

Thanks,

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Perhaps a stupid question ... why don't you order stuff in Europe, everything an ore you mention here is readily available at OK prices, granted you will have to pay for post but then again if you order enough, perhaps a joint order with friends and relatives the end price will be worth it ...
    If you want I can give you some links

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Magnus,

I'm in the US. The Southern US. Virginia to be precise.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    One more thing Mike, and thanks for jogging my mind. Don't know how you intend to develop your negs, but my suggestion is to try using trays first. I think using tubes actually requires a little more finess than using trays. Give trays a try then go to the tubes when you get the basics down.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    JMDavis,

I am sure they will deliver to good old Virginie ....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin