Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,338   Online: 945

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Images
    I like the sound of using a slow film, although I have used Ilford delta asa 100 rated at 80asa with a pyro type dev, I have never used anything at asa25 or less. Efke 25 is pretty scarce here in the UK, Retrophotographic are out of stock, but I can get Maco 25. Anyone any experience with this film used with a staining dev or 2 bath dev to tame the highlights?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I used to choose my film based on speed reqirements. Now speed is rarely the main consideration. I now size up the total contrast of what I am shooting and choose my film based on which one will do the best job with the tonal range I wish to capture. For ranges near 5 stops, l always use FP4 because of the way it expands the range easily to a density range of 1.2 to print on grade 2 paper. It also works well with staining development. For images with a great contrast range, I find TRI-X to be the most capable. I stick to these two for LF.

Quote Originally Posted by bogeyes
    I like the sound of using a slow film, although I have used Ilford delta asa 100 rated at 80asa with a pyro type dev, I have never used anything at asa25 or less. Efke 25 is pretty scarce here in the UK, Retrophotographic are out of stock, but I can get Maco 25. Anyone any experience with this film used with a staining dev or 2 bath dev to tame the highlights?
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am going to try this efke25 film . I've been seeing all good things from it.

But, I'd have to say that Tim Curry's best role is Pennywise the Clown. ooohhh very scary.....

-Tammy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ... and there's always the option to shoot something with little or no chrome, like this rat trike. A 3.5 litre V8 rover engine bolted to a pick-up truck rear end with a bike front welded on.Shot yesterday while out for my daily cycle.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noseoil
    OK Ryan, I guess the cat's out of the bag. No, I'm not allowed to wear fishnet stockings at work.
    Off topic, but I have to ask why not? I find that they aid creativity, and I was on the point of recommending them to all, but I shan’t now.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    ... and there's always the option to shoot something with little or no chrome, like this rat trike. A 3.5 litre V8 rover engine bolted to a pick-up truck rear end with a bike front welded on.Shot yesterday while out for my daily cycle.
    Or like this one. The latest iteration of this classic ('46/'56/'66) chop was to install flat-black John Deer tractor mufflers.

http://elearning.winona.edu/jjs/butcher.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sometimes, you run into situations where subdued chrome helps. This is my 1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado about 3/4 of the way through a functional restoration. The front, engine crash bars were slightly oxidized, some of the chrome bracketry/trim showed pitting, etc. By flattening the overall contrast, it seemed to take attention away from these flaws and present the bike in a nicer way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails guzzi1Copya.jpg  
    Craig Schroeder

Images
    mmmm, Moto Guzzi, a true classic, surely it deserves to be ridden on a photographic adventure and posed infront of some timeless architechture/landscape.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You want classic bikes have a look at some of my father's collection. All bought for less than £100 each and restored in his shed.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v223/M...ulti=6&addtype=

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Guzzi is a good buddy and even after owning modern and high tech alternatives, it is still my favorite. There's a certain rhythm to it that makes you take the long way home every time. Maybe I'm just getting older...? Here's a page that shows some of the bike activity when I'm not working in the dark: Bike Stuff

Getting back slightly on topic....A Fuji folder has made many miles in those saddle bags.
    Craig Schroeder

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin