Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,331   Online: 861

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I agree with you Tom when it comes to the museum weight warmtone polygrade. I really like that stuff. But in this day and age I have found it best not to get to attached to any brand in particular. Especially not to develop such an identifiable look using one paper that if it's discontinued I would be hooped.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can live without Polywarmtone but what to use instead of Fortezo? Not sure why but I'm always picking it when I print on several papers. Any other graded warmtones out there? Bergger is probably made by Forte and similar to Fortezo. Insignia is gone.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I ran out of Fortenza and B&H was out so i ordered some J&C classic - It has almost exactly the same tonal range in grade 2 and it is very hard to tell the difference - (except it is a couple dollars cheaper. )
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by KenM
    Folks, I just got off the phone with a photographer friend today, and he was told by the local camera store dude that Forte has closed - this time for good.

Has anybody heard anything to confirm this?
    Lots of rumors out there; the one that seems to make the most sense to me with the on again/off again availability is that Forte is operating episodically upon receipt of pre-paid orders of a certain size. In otherwords, if B&W or Freestyle places a pre-paid order for xxx boxes, then the factory goes into operation to fill that order and then shuts down again. If that is true, then the labor problems are obvious; no one has steady employment, so how do you keep your workers?

In view of Agfa Photo's imminent demise, perhaps more orders will be coming for Forte. We can only hope.

Larry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin