Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,009   Online: 755

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format

Forte Dead Again?

Folks, I just got off the phone with a photographer friend today, and he was told by the local camera store dude that Forte has closed - this time for good. Now, my friend was called under the context that "Hey, I've got some paper here, and you should buy it because Forte has closed again - this time for good", but I in no way suspect that this guy is just trying to unload some paper.

Has anybody heard anything to confirm this?

Personally, this doesn't make any sense - why would somebody buy Forte, restructure, and then reopen, only to close a few months later? If their business skills are that bad, perhaps they shouldn't be in the business of buying questionable businesses.

I'm hoping that this is just bullcrap...
    Cheers!

-klm.

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Silverprint in London had a delivery on Monday

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    can I say that is a good way for a salesman to dump some paper he wants to move fast. Forte is not gone.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I doubt some "local camera store dude" would be the 1st with this news if it were true. He is probably simply 3 months behind with the news and is still talking about the original troubles...

Thanks for the head's up David - I tried to buy some Polywarmtone FB to try out 6 weeks or so ago and Silverprint said they would be getting a new delivery sometime around now (I like the RC version but it's very slow - too slow to be useable for me - if the fibre version is as slow, it will be a pity).

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    There are to many other good if not better papers out there to get excited about whether Forte is dead or alive.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Large Format
    I talked to the rep that handles Forte and he has the word that they are having labor troubles and may close for good soon. I hope not, I like there paper!
    Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose
    There are to many other good if not better papers out there to get excited about whether Forte is dead or alive.

I dont agree that they are in no way unique as you suggest. There are no other papers that I know of which are:

1. As cold as polygrade
    2. Have the same 300g museum base as Fortezo and PWT, tho I think some of teh very expensive berggers come close.

They are far cheaper than papers such as bergger

IMO the forte papers are wonderful and I am of the opinion that PWT and fortezo deserve legendary status. They may not be every day papers, but when I decided to print up some box portfolios of the kids, PWT was to me, the obvious choice.

I think they would be agreat loss. They are old school and look like it which is part of the appeal.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Forte?

If forte is out of busines then how come everyone(B+H etc.) has the paper back in stock?
    And in case you didn't know it Forte makes the Bergger paper(which is also in stock) for them in their factory, While there may still be some problems I understand that the Government of Hungary may take over the factory if needed to save the company. I have a friend in the travel business who communicates with Hungary on a daily basis; I'm going to call this morning and see if she can dig up some FACTUAL information. In the meantime buy the paper......
    No offense but all you doomsayers had to do was click on some of these merchants websites to see that Mr. Salesman was full of sh....
    Regards, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    :rolleyes:
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ken, it sounds like you need to find a different salesman. If this is his idea of selling, don't buy a car from him. tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin