Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,235   Online: 844

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast
    edz

Shooter
    Multi Format

Agfa-photo bankrupt

Its has just been announced on the radio here (Munich, Germany) that Agfa-Photo has filed for protection from its creditors. They are not able to make payroll. Yesterday was a holliday here. According to the early reports on the radio they expect several 1000 jobs to be potentially cut.
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    Large Format
    bummer, I guess the contest is on the way out too.....you all better stock on Rodinal.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    :-(

/running to the shop right now.

Could it be held in a freezer without consequenses (except for food contamination)?

G

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can live without Rodinal. But the MCC paper is another story. NOT HAPPY.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It is sad news but not really unexpected.

Agfa Photo should cut down more costs and production estimated on a shrinking market.

Bye the way: Here is the official announcement http://www.handelsblatt.com/pshb/fn/relhbi/sfn/buildhbi/cn/GoArt!200012,200038,904307/index.html

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the heads-up! Just ordered 40 rolls of APX100.

Phil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep it's a bummer but at least they tried. Time to stock up on Rodinal and after that it looks like I'll have to either make my own or go back to D-76. As is life

There again there was another soup that Les mentioned here and did a review of for B&W Photographer, can't remember which one now I'll have to look back through the mags.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Yep it's a bummer but at least they tried. Time to stock up on Rodinal and after that it looks like I'll have to either make my own or go back to D-76. As is life

There again there was another soup that Les mentioned here and did a review of for B&W Photographer, can't remember which one now I'll have to look back through the mags.
    Oh no, no more Agfa Scala b&w slide material....or development! A tragedy. I should be off to by a new freezer and stock it up with Agfa stuff. Really liked the RSX color slide film as well...

Norm

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So we can't get our current stock of Scala developed? Bummer!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    Oh no, no more Agfa Scala b&w slide material....or development! A tragedy. I should be off to by a new freezer and stock it up with Agfa stuff. Really liked the RSX color slide film as well...

Norm
    I'm not sure if it was good or bad for our photography but with the problems Agfa and Ilford had many of us tried alternatives to what we had been using for years. Better a progression into other materials if we really had to rather than a big bang.

The result is that some of us found we prefered alternative materials. Where I used to only use HP5+ to use at 400 to 1600, I now find that I really like Tri-X. So as a result instead of buying loads of HP5+, I split the purchase into HP5+ and Tri-X for different uses.

I know of others that found they liked alternative materials to the Agfa ones they had used lovingly over the years.

I think the same applies to many others as well. So I suspect that Agfa and Ilford have lost the market share they had before the problems

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin