Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,887   Posts: 1,520,682   Online: 1115

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    Where do I get bias ply tires?
    B&W film I can obviously understand. Why on earth would you want bias-ply tires? Nasty things!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    While we can indeed still buy a plethora of various films and papers, I only really care about one: Azo. I can use other films should they discontinue my beloved TMY, but there is absolutely no subsitute for Azo, and it's made in Brazil.

I have not been particularly disturbed by previous announcements of plant closings by Kodak, but this one is truly distressing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats a very irrelevant political post.

Actually as I'm in the EU perhaps I should comment that its more about our wanting to retain our long and differing cultures and not being unwittingly drawn into a European equivalent of the US of A

I'm very pro the EU, the current referenda on the constitution are not what any of us wanted, its an economic union not a new super state.

Investors here pay little heed to what goes on in Brussells. After all each country has a right to veto anyway.

If you mean possible lack of investment in Forte, Hungary its more likely that unless the investment is internal the infra structure is still quite immature and a mnefield for outside investors.

So to finish the French are against the EU becoming more Anglophile & English speaking, all the former Soviet block EU member countries want greater ties with America, not forgetting the French think we British are far too pro America.

Vive La France

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by juan
    I wonder if lack of certainty in the acceptance of the EU constitution may have something to do with it. After all, investors don't invest, and employers don't hire in insecure environments. France's vote this weekend may produce interesting results.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    See the post by Micael A Smith on the Contact Printing section

Ian
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    While we can indeed still buy a plethora of various films and papers, I only really care about one: Azo. I can use other films should they discontinue my beloved TMY, but there is absolutely no subsitute for Azo, and it's made in Brazil.

I have not been particularly disturbed by previous announcements of plant closings by Kodak, but this one is truly distressing.

Shooter
    Multi Format

i spoke with someone at kodak this afternoon, and he told me that they have no plans on altering productions of films and papers. he said they closed the plant in sao paulo and now some of the things that were being manufactured there getting made in manaus and other places. azo is not made in brazil but in canada.

maybe resin coated azo is made in brazil ? i don't know, and he wasn't able to tell me.

if they stopped making certain papers and films, oh well, it is just a product. film and paper can be bought other places, they may not be the same as what we are used to but there are other things available or that will eventually become available ... i feel worse for the 250 people who lost their jobs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Fuji seem to be the only ones in the game who have had a decent business plan to deal with the impact digital has had. They saw the change and moved into the storage card market, digital paper etc.

I now shoot pretty much only Fuji film and this is a major reason why. They seem to have their heads screwed on, perhaps not with their S3 digital slr though....

I find the growth of places like retrophotographic et al selling film from smaller manufacturers interesting. This is the future I think.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian
    azo is not made in brazil but in canada.
    I gratefully stand corrected.

if they stopped making certain papers and films, oh well, it is just a product.
    Azo is not just a product. It is a unique paper, and there is absolutely no substitute for it. As soon as I find out that no more master rolls of it will be produced, I'll immediately begin stockpiling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Azo is not just a product. It is a unique paper, and there is absolutely no substitute for it. As soon as I find out that no more master rolls of it will be produced, I'll immediately begin stockpiling.

... that will be a sad day

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go see the thread on the Contact Printing section.

Micael A Smith has been atively pursuing an alternative.

Ian
    ... that will be a sad day

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant
    Go see the thread on the Contact Printing section.

Micael A Smith has been atively pursuing an alternative.

Ian

i read that .. and that was why i suggested that if azo went away, there would most likely be other alternatives, which may not be exactly the same, but would fill the void ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin