Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,306   Online: 818

Thread: tech pan

Shooter
    35mm

tech pan

I'm hoping someone can give me source to purchase more tech pan. I know it has been discontinued but I'm hoping someone knows where some might be hidden in a back storage room, basement or attic. Either private or stores/labs etc.

Jodi

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not what you're asking, but I'd say now is a good time to get to know other document films. Kodak Imagelink HQ is very close to Tech Pan in image quality and developing requirements, though it lacks the extended red sensitivity that was part of Tech Pan's appeal. Imagelink HQ is also about the same speed as Tech Pan. I've used it a bit in 16 mm, with subminiature cameras, and it's quite nice in those, though it lacks and overcoat, so it's very easy to make pressure marks and scratches in handling. The 35 mm should have less of that problem.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin