Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,041   Posts: 1,560,712   Online: 1053

Shooter
    Multi Format

silver bronze mirror toning

Does anyone know where I can buy Halo-Chrome, or at least hydrazine sulpha, so I can make up a mirror toner myself, as described in Tim Rudman's book "The Matsre Photographer's Toning Book?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Correction

Sorry, I mistyped. I should have written "Hydrazine Sulphate" (or sulfate)

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Chances are that Artcraft Chemicals has what you need. www.artcraftchemicals.com. If they do not, then check out Photographers Formulary, because they might have it too.

Is there any way you could post more information about this toner and the formula? It sounds VERY interesting just from the title. It would be great if you could share.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can buy Halo-Chrome from the maker, Rockland Colloid: http://www.rockaloid.com/

Both B&H & Adorama stock it too, and they charge less.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by McPhotoX
    Chances are that Artcraft Chemicals has what you need. www.artcraftchemicals.com. If they do not, then check out Photographers Formulary, because they might have it too.

Is there any way you could post more information about this toner and the formula? It sounds VERY interesting just from the title. It would be great if you could share.

Thanks (also for other contributors' help with sources of chemistry). As for the process, it is an after development toning method which produces beautiful silver-bronze effects likedend to Daguerrotypes. The toner produces shiny metallic plating on the print. There are several formulas in Tim Rudman's book, one of which is: Hydrazine sulphate 2g, Hydroxylamine hydrochloride 1g, Ammonia (25%) 50ml, Sodium hydroxide (10% sol) 120ml, Distilled water 40-200ml.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the UK:

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...,_2_litre.html

I'm hoping to try it soon too

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin