Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,423   Posts: 1,596,732   Online: 807

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSDS for amidol

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Nige,
    I'm getting the amidol from ArtCraft Chemicals (www.artcracftchemicals.com). Prices from a photo place here (starts with 'V') had the stuff for over $1800.00 per kilo. I've also ordered 10kg from Greg Davis via the China connection at $55.00 per pound. The link above provided by Claude will suffice, but thank you for the offer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hmmmm think I will get my next lot from Artcraft myself.....
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    ...oops, that should read: www.artcraftchemicals.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ok, I'm in for a pound in the China Syndicate too. I've never used the stuff so didn't want to commit to much, however if I like it I'm going to regret only ordering a little bit... Are there any special requirements to get it through customs at this end?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

customs

Nigel, Have you already ordered your amidol? I don;t know about customs. Normally if you throw some (a lot) of money their way they seem to be temporarily satisfied. I'll follow up and ask them in advance about getting the stuff into the country. I'm planning a trip to the States and was going to retreive it myself - if it gets here in time. I'll post what I discover.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in one of the syndicates making up the min order sizes for the Amidol. I've been meaning to find out if there's any special requirements to import it so I don't have to go and explain about a powdery substance to Mr Plod! I imagine all sorts of things get sent through the mail... just rather it's not mine that gets opened and a please explain is required!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Nige,
    I just got a reply back from the Australian Customs Service regarding importing amidol. They had this to say:

David,

There are no Customs restrictions on this chemical, you may wish to contact
    the National Industrial Chemicals Notification Scheme (NICNAS) to find out
    if they have any interest in the importation of this material, they can be
    contacted on 02 8577 8800 or at www.nicnas.gov.au .

I have the details of the guy who responded and can send them to you in a pm if you require.
    Cheers,
    David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    sounds like we are good to go!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin