Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,237   Online: 1070

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Delta 400 and Pyrocat

I'm shooting 120 and looking for any times and dilutions. Based on some info I have read, I'll probably start with a 2:2:100 dilution as I am alt printing Ziatypes. I use the sodium based "B" solution.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider
    I'm shooting 120 and looking for any times and dilutions. Based on some info I have read, I'll probably start with a 2:2:100 dilution as I am alt printing Ziatypes. I use the sodium based "B" solution.
    Is this Delta 400 sheet film? If so I was not aware it was still available.

Sandy King

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Is this Delta 400 sheet film? If so I was not aware it was still available.
    Sandy King
    You wish! No, as the question notes, it's 120. thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You wish! No, as the question notes, it's 120. thanks.
    Sorry I can not read.The 120 is plain as day. Just thought if you were contact printing ziatypes you might be be using sheet film.

Sandy

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Sorry I can not read.The 120 is plain as day. Just thought if you were contact printing ziatypes you might be be using sheet film.

Sandy
    Yes I will be contacting Ziatypes, but off of film enlargements to Bergger BPFB19, again developed in Pyrocat. Right now an 8x10 camera is out of the question. Beside, I think that I'd rather have a 11x14 when funds are available.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yes I will be contacting Ziatypes, but off of film enlargements to Bergger BPFB19, again developed in Pyrocat. Right now an 8x10 camera is out of the question. Beside, I think that I'd rather have a 11x14 when funds are available.
    In that case you have considerable latitude in developing the in-camera film since you will be able to expand or contract contrast in making the enlarged negative. I would just develop the 120 Delta 400 for a time that should produce a negative that would print well on silver, and then expand the contrast when making the enlarged negative. Try about 12 minutes with the 1:1:100 dilution of Pyrocat-HD for scenes of normal contrast.

Sandy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin