Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,922   Online: 976

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Raw chemicals in the U.K

Any one know of a source for raw chemicals for B+W in the U.K apart from Silverprint?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by raw. Do you mean the raw materials for mixing your own chemcials? Or are you after a general supplier of photographic materials?
    Silverprint are one of the best general suppliers in the UK for traditional photographic materials.
    Also good are http://www.novadarkroom.com , phone for their comprehensive catalogue as their wen site is not that great.

Also http://www.secondhanddarkroom.co.uk/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by richard littlewood
    Any one know of a source for raw chemicals for B+W in the U.K apart from Silverprint?
    If you work your way thorough to the links page on the EMMG site and select the commecial page you will find six or seven companies that can help.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format

Raw chemicals

Quote Originally Posted by richard littlewood
    Yes, about the best I know of in the Uk is Rayco Chemicals based in Yorkshire (www.rayco-chemicals.co.uk)
    Last edited by neville; 05-30-2005 at 03:59 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neville
    Yes, about the best I know of in the Uk is Rayco Chemicals based in Yorkshire (www.rayco-chemicals.co.uk)
    They have stopped trading.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    If you work your way thorough to the links page on the EMMG site and select the commecial page you will find six or seven companies that can help.
    Thanks Dave. Looks like Retro will do the job. Pity about Rayco, I live about 10 miles from them and used to call in often. Silverprint are a bit cheaper but postage/being around to sign for packages makes things yet more complex!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    "Silverprint are a bit cheaper but postage/being around to sign for packages makes things yet more complex!"

Have you asked Silverprint if they will send your stuff via the post office, it might cost a wee bit more but that way you can pick it up from your local post office. Being around for other delivery services is a pain. I'm lucky that I can send to stuff to my parents address, they live in the same town and being retired are around most of the time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From a post on another forum a couple of weeks ago, Rayco will eventually reappear under it's new management. The guy who bought them posted to that effect. I think the guy lives in the Midlands: that's a Burton Upon Trent dial code.

Bob.

>>> Excerpt from post: >>>

David Jenkins , may 24, 2005; 11:25 a.m.
    The Rayco business and name was sold to a new company Rayco Photographic Limited. Currently contactable by phone 01283 763768 They continue to supply most Rayco products but not the hydrochloric Acid. There will be a new web site, new web address soon.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin