Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,739   Online: 913

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bleach for the reversal process

I recently won an auction for six bottles of Kodak Liquid Developer System Cleaner. As I suspected its the sodium version of the potassium dichromate and sulfuric acid bleach. I took it down to the Dungeon tonight and tried it with the directions from Ed Buffaloes site for reversing film, worked like a charm! Mixes up at a ratio of 10ml to 16oz water, so these six bottles are going to last me quite a while. Now I have a whole new process to learn to control...what fun!
    Gary Beasley

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cool! Any idea if this stuff is available from suppliers like B&H or KEH? Or even Formulary? It'd be nice to have it ready to dilute instead of having to source sulfuric acid...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    B&H carries a version that is two part and Adorama has an Edwal cleaner. If anyone else has leads drop them in on us.
    Gary Beasley

Images
    The Edwal cleaner is a dichromate type I believe, and should work.
    Gadget Gainer

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    I took it down to the Dungeon tonight and tried it with the directions from Ed Buffaloes site for reversing film
    Were you using this to make enlarged negatives under the enlarger and converting the inter-positive into a negative ?
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roy
    Were you using this to make enlarged negatives under the enlarger and converting the inter-positive into a negative ?
    Yep, I was trying out the direct neg-neg route. Mind you I was playing with some 20+ year old litho film but it still worked. My next step is to get out the good stuff and start calibrating it for some real results. I'm amazed the actual process is so simple.
    One thing I like about this is you can dodge and burn like you would a print, so those difficult negs can be modified to behave themselves.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's a couple of bottles up for bid on Ebay at this moment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kodak-Liquid-Dev...QQcmdZViewItem
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I recently won an auction for six bottles of Kodak Liquid Developer System Cleaner. As I suspected its the sodium version of the potassium dichromate and sulfuric acid bleach. I took it down to the Dungeon tonight and tried it with the directions from Ed Buffaloes site for reversing film, worked like a charm! Mixes up at a ratio of 10ml to 16oz water, so these six bottles are going to last me quite a while. Now I have a whole new process to learn to control...what fun!
    You mean you use a tray CLEANER for neg reversal?
    [FONT=Times New Roman]MAC[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hortense
    You mean you use a tray CLEANER for neg reversal?
    Yup! How do you think the cleaner removes the silver deposits? It's just bleach.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yup! How do you think the cleaner removes the silver deposits? It's just bleach.
    I can't find the process description on Unblinking Eye?
    [FONT=Times New Roman]MAC[/FONT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin