Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,618   Online: 1068

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jay,

Nice work.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fomapan and kodak 1HC 110

Hi I was wondering if you have any suggestion for time at 20ºC for Fomapan with Kodak HC110 coz I cannae find any chart for that specific combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Konical View Post
    Good Morning, Jennifer,

I've tried Fomapan 200 with generally good results. I've used HC-110B and T-Max as developers; I think I'll go with HC-110 just because it's cheaper. I concur with most of the comments above; regarding the bluish tinge: even after using a pre-soak and doing a fairly lengthy wash, I can't get rid of it. The good news is that it seems to cause abolutely no problems when printing, so I don't worry about it.

I would note that my only experience using Fomapan 200 comes from some 120 rolls. I did not notice the graininess that David refers to, but that may be because I shot 6 x 6 and 6 x 7 negatives enlarged to no more than 11 x 14. There are two things which annoy me about Fomapan 200. The first is the curling tendency, which is significant enough that I have temporarily reverse-curled the processed film for a day or two before trying to contact it. The second is that the film base is so tough that it takes more effort than usual to get the center spike on a Kinderman reel to puncture it (ditto a film clip) and the film base is also much more flexible than my usual Kodak and Ilford choices, so getting the film started on a SS reel is a little trickier than I'm used to.

I'm not about to give up T-Max 100, but even with its quirks, Fomapan 200 is a decent film, especially considering the bargain price from J and C.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The production of Fomapan Creative 200 is ceased (November 2009) due to production problems and in the mean time removed from the Foma website.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michele d View Post
    Hi I was wondering if you have any suggestion for time at 20ºC for Fomapan with Kodak HC110 coz I cannae find any chart for that specific combination.
    Per FOMA PAN 200 PDF:

Foma B&W film is compatible with all major processing systems. Recommended developing times are
    for normal contrast negatives (based on intermittent agitation.) All developing times are standardized
    for 68°F / 20°C. Your developing time may vary based on environment and equipment used.
    DEVELOPER DILUTION TIME @ 68°F / 20°C
    Arista® 76 Powder Stock 5 - 6
    Arista® 76 Powder 1:1 8 - 9
    Arista® Premium Powder Stock 7
    Arista® Premium Powder 1:1 8
    Arista® Liquid Film Developer Working Solution 7 1/2
    Arista® Premium Liquid Developer 1:9 7 1/2
    Marathon® Film Developer 1:9 5
    Ilford ID-11, Kodak D-76 Stock 5 - 6
    Ilford ID-11, Kodak D-76 1:1 8 - 9
    Kodak XTOL (Straight) 6
    Kodak TMAX Developer 1:4 5 - 6
    Kodak HC 110 1:31 NR
    Agfa Rodinal 1:25 5
    Recommended Agitation: Agitate continuously for first 30 seconds of development, then provide agitation
    of 5 to 7 inversion cycles for 5 seconds every 30 seconds for remainder of development time.
    Where continuous agitation is used for rotary processor, reduce the developing times by 15%.
    Development times may need adjusting to suit individual processing systems and working practices.
    If an established system is producing good results, adjust the recommended development times until
    the desired contrast is obtained.
    This material will be replaced if found defective in manufacture, labeling or packaging. Except for
    such replacement, this product is sold without warranty or other liability. Developer and film manufacturers
    can and do change their product specifications from time to time and the development times
    may change as a result.

Good luck,

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fomapan 200 at ei125 in Aculux 1+9 for 6 minutes @ 20 C is one of my all time favourite combos - the tonality is gorgeous. I will really miss this film

For some reason I also shoot Fomapan 200 in my Konica Auto S2 - it just seems to work so well together

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Upgrade Photokina:
    This month Foma will do a new coating for the T200. If the end result is OK they will resume the Creative 200 Fomapan production. If not they continue to find the right alternative compound.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    Upgrade Photokina:
    This month Foma will do a new coating for the T200. If the end result is OK they will resume the Creative 200 Fomapan production. If not they continue to find the right alternative compound.
    That's good news--let's hope they succeed. I had some issues with emulsion inclusions and pinholes in 4x5 film, but I'd love to buy some 8x10 for contact printing. I wish they'd offer it in 11x14.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Talking about contact printing: They have a new Fiber paper Fomalux 111 for contact printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently saw some T200 on the freestyle site but it was in their "hot deals" section so it may be old stock. It was 100 ft of 35mm.
    I don't beleive I saw any mention of short/past date though.

Any word if this has been re-introduced?
    I loved it in 35mm but held off shooting any 120 and then it was discontinued.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not yet because they first will running a test run for the formulation.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin