Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,535   Online: 860

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ilford

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    I think the best recent news is that some of Ilford's powdered chemicals are coming back. Check B&H for availability. I know Perceptol's not listed yet, but it's supposed to be back soon...I can hardly wait!
    I'll do a backflip if Perceptol comes back! I've been saving my last 1L box to develop the perfect negative of the perfect photograph.
    Jacob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Pentaxuser
    You make valid points about Ilford suppliers, those we feature on the EMMG links page offer a broad range of monochrome products, so are considered worthy of our support. It is always tempting to cherry-pick suppliers to find the cheapest, but we risk losing out in the long run. Perhaps the corner shop syndrome applies, where we bemoan their disappearance after giving our money to the supermarket. However when faced with paying £30 a box for 10x8 Multigrade or £20 at Nova, I shop at the latter, but then they fit my criteria of offering a wide range of goods so I can supplement my order without difficulty.
    You, as will any other APUGer, be very welcome at any EMMG meet. The 3rd August is a Critique evening with the set subject of - Close-up – for the first half, and open subject after that. We are going to try a different system of encouraging discussion of prints on display, could be fun or chaos! We have been accused of being too nice in the past so people are not having faults in their prints highlighted. I am not sure I want my faults discussed - it could take all night!
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by erickson
    I'll do a backflip if Perceptol comes back! I've been saving my last 1L box to develop the perfect negative of the perfect photograph.
    From all indications (including a dicussion on the Ilford forum in which an Ilford employee contributed), Perceptol will be the third of the powdered developers re-released. Given that ID-11 powder is supposed to be in stock at B&H soon and the others are supposed to follow over the course of "a few months", I'd guess we'll have Perceptol back around the end of the summer. (Then I can use the 1L box I've been hoarding too!)
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    From all indications (including a dicussion on the Ilford forum in which an Ilford employee contributed), Perceptol will be the third of the powdered developers re-released. Given that ID-11 powder is supposed to be in stock at B&H soon and the others are supposed to follow over the course of "a few months", I'd guess we'll have Perceptol back around the end of the summer. (Then I can use the 1L box I've been hoarding too!)
    Then I believe I need to practice my backflip... Woowoo!
    Jacob

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm hoarding my last Ilfochrome P30 kit and added my name to a couple of the 38(!) backordered P30 kits at my local supplier. No backflips for me.... yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All I need is for them to re-start production of 220 Delta 400, I only live two miles from Ilford's factory and they have in the past sponsored my work by donating film, so I have great loyalty to them. So far this year I have spent over 600 UK pounds (around $1,000 US) on 220 B&W film. I would so like to have spent it with Ilford, but as things are, it had to be Tri-X, which is lower resolution and so less suited to my needs (that said, thank you Kodak for still making it).

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm with Wooliscroft--I would love to see Ilford resume making 220 film. I wasn't aware that they had ever offered Delta 400 in 220, though. I thought that it was only FP4+ and HP5+.

Shooter
    35mm
    Perceptol 1Ltr will be back in the UK in July........let's see that backflip!
    ID11 1L and 5L, Microphen 1L are already back in stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin