Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,235   Online: 834

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ilford

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Ilford

Silver print have an item on Ilford that may be of interest to those following the fortunes of that company.Silverprint
    Check out their news page.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That looks like good news!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

very good news indeed!!

I posted your link straight away on a German forum to cheer them up a bit!

Great news, that is!

And I like that loyal customers seemed to have made some sort of impact with the receivers - maybe you can move some things after all!

At least you can try...

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I notice they make a point of pointing out "monochome" in their statements. As an Ilfochrome printer, I hope they can continue to sell the Ilfochrome paper and chemicals.

Thanks for the "insider" article!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to hear more optimism coming from ilford. Just placed an order yesterday for 8x10 and 11x14 warmtone FB.

Now I will continue to keep my fingers crossed that Sheet film will continue to be produced by the roll so we can have source for ULF sizes of HP5 and FP4.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    It's old "news" from February.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I could slow down buying films as my freezer is void of any edible items. Now, if AgfaPhoto would just get their business straightened up, no need to purchase a second freezer.

Great news !!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug
    I notice they make a point of pointing out "monochome" in their statements. As an Ilfochrome printer, I hope they can continue to sell the Ilfochrome paper and chemicals.

Thanks for the "insider" article!
    "On non-monochrome products, the rights to Ilford brand continue to be held by Ilford Imaging of Marly, located between Berne and Lausanne in Switzerland".

The "new" Ilford is only concerned with the "old" Ilford's B&W materials. As the Swiss operation is heavily inkjet based these days, it's anybody's guess what will happen to Ilfochrome..

Bob.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Silver print have an item on Ilford that may be of interest to those following the fortunes of that company.Silverprint
    Check out their news page.
    Dave. Seeing this has prompted me to say that on checking Ilford paper prices last night at a number of suppliers I could not find better than Mathers of Bolton, in UK

. Packet of 100 (5x7) Ilford Multigrade IV RC( Glossy or Pearl) £9.90 plus £2.95 postage.
    Packet of 100(8x10) £19.90 plus £3.95 postage. They take orders by phone or fax or e-mail and if it is before 4:00pm it is despatched that day.

Downside is that only multigrade IV is available

Nova Darkroom on 10x8 is nearly as good but has higher postage charge( about £4.95 I think) although I think it stays at that irrespective of weight - presumably within reason but worth checking out as it sells a lot of heavy stuff like secondhand enlargers where postage would be monstrous otherwise.

Any UK based subscribers know of better deals?

PS Dave. I was very interested to see your East Midlands Monochrome Group site and your notes in APUG. Your group is what I have been looking for to help me with B&W. I'll try and make one of your meetings - I am only about 22 miles to the west in Daventry but unfortunately 6 July is out for me.

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the best recent news is that some of Ilford's powdered chemicals are coming back. Check B&H for availability. I know Perceptol's not listed yet, but it's supposed to be back soon...I can hardly wait!
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin