Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,724   Online: 758

Images

Thank you WFW!! B&W Paper Bonanza

Hi All!
    I would like to extend my appreciation to Will Whitaker for his generosity! Will gave me nearly a 1,000 sheets for a pittance. A veritable buffet of various emulsions and sizes from postcard to 16x20. This the good stuff: Agfa, Bergger, Ilford, Forte, Oriental and Brilliant.

He was offering the cache to the "first virtuous person", but I slipped in all the same!! Going to have a great time this summer playing with the treasure trove!!

I do have to admit a huge sadness in the progressive deconstruction of a first class darkroom as Will prepares for a move.

Cheers,
    Geary
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for, and your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. – John Prine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And you never said a word this morning... I shall expect Great Things from you 8-)
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The only fair outcome to your windfall is for you to mail out the fruit of your inheritance to those of us who are the less fortunate. Only after they are achivally processed of course.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was up at Will's on Wed. The paper stash you got was buried, and I was going to go b ack for it once Will cleared a path to it. Oh well, my darkroom is in pieces, and your's is up and running. Have fun with it all. I was lucky and got a seal 200 dry mount press for a pittenance. I also got a stash of many brown bottles and gallon jugs.

I think what we ought to do is once Will gets resettled is to send him a print for his collection.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey Will. If you're wondering what to do with all those pesky Verito's and Vitax's..........I can help. I'll even take the Vesta's and Versars. Ok, the Voltas too. And all those old brass lenses with french names you can't pronounce can have a good home here in the desert.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    While you photo vultures circle poor Will's darkroom, I, for one, wish him a safe journey cross-country...

(of course I'm joking...but not about the safe journey part!)

S

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin