Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,127   Online: 1161

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

12x16in paper? Black&White Mag Competition Requirement

I Subscribe to Black&White Magazine and the current issue, June 2005, has announced a photo competition that interests me.

However, it states "All silver print entries must be printed on 12x16in paper.."

I've never come across paper that size and did a search at my favourite suppliers and found nothing. I don't feel like cutting 16x20in paper. This seems rather odd. Any explanation, I know the editor Ailsa appears in these forums maybe she's reading.

Deadline is Aug 25. Great 1st prize, a Mamiya 7II.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think 12x16 is a standard European size paper, probably known better by its rough metric equivalent 30x40cm.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Fotospeed legacy is sold by Freestyle and is 12x16

lee\c

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    J&C Photo has some nice ones.......but a contest isn't the time to break in a new paper. Cutting down a 16X20 isn't the end of the world if you're a serious contender. Is the contest listed on line anywhere?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed. 12x16 is a standard size in the UK: I mostly buy paper in that size.

BTW, 11x14, as used widely in the US, is almost unobtainable in the UK (I think Ilford supply it, but few companies stock it) which always struck me as odd as it's a useful size for an 8x10 print. Anyway, I digress.. yes 12x16 is common in Black And White Photography's motherland...

Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Why not email Ailsa and ask if 11 x 14 will be acceptable? As I understand the rules the image size is not specified so the slight reduction in paper area should not be too important.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    and since we get the mag 2-3 months behind, this will be over before I know about it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's over a month out of date at the newstand here in Ottawa but now that I subscribe I get it well before the date on the cover. Actually, the date's not on the cover since the subscription version has a nice clean cover with a photo and not much else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    and since we get the mag 2-3 months behind, this will be over before I know about it!
    That's why I subscribe. But even though our newsagents are behind, Nige, you will probably still get the May issue in time to put in an antry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't see any online information. I think they want you to buy at least one issue of the magazine. Highly recommeded.

It was in the June 2005 issue. £2,300 of prizes. That's about $5,000US I think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin