Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,052   Online: 778

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano
    It might be interesting to note the The US does not legally have an official language. For all practical purposes US English is the common tongue, but a legal document does not need to be written in English for it to be recognized.
    Interesting indeed, thank you.

The (hi)story as told to me was that a long time ago (when the US was still a young nation), there was an assembled body of some sorts who cast a vote about what common language to use...and the outcome then was English first, German second.

Surely nowadays the vote would have a completely different outcome, with possible Spanish on second place.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bilingual?

I recently saw an interview on Charlie Rose, where the panel members stated that more than 50% of all the children in the United States under the age of 6 have Spanish as their first language.

Here in Canada, where (federally) we are officially bilingual, despite the fact that large amounts of money are spent, large portions of our country provide very few services in French. I would hate to think what it would cost to mae the USA effectively bilingual.

For me - I am bilingual - I speak Black & White, and I speak Colour

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    Interesting indeed, thank you.

The (hi)story as told to me was that a long time ago (when the US was still a young nation), there was an assembled body of some sorts who cast a vote about what common language to use...and the outcome then was English first, German second.

Surely nowadays the vote would have a completely different outcome, with possible Spanish on second place.
    If the voting accurately represented the population, Spanish might actually come in first. I'm pretty sure it would here in California.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Do you mean is there agfa available in Europe or the States? As of June 2005 there are all the agfa products in plentiful quantity in the Pacific Northwest.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Grenell
    Do you mean is there agfa available in Europe or the States? As of June 2005 there are all the agfa products in plentiful quantity in the Pacific Northwest.
    I've already found some rolls, for more: it will just be a bit of waiting since it's very likely agfa will continue providing film after their reorganisation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinten
    I've already found some rolls, for more: it will just be a bit of waiting since it's very likely agfa will continue providing film after their reorganisation.
    If only that were the case...

No, it appears that AgfaPhoto is in liquidation. It will take an extraordinary development (e.g. demages received from revelations that Agfa, for example, has violated some covenant or engaged in illegal activity at AgfaPhoto's expense) for AgfaPhoto to resume production.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

APX 100

[QUOTE=Quinten]Indeed, but online stores are fine as well, I know there are some good ones, but forgot their names.

Above that there are many english users who might have a nice alternative film like apx. Ilford delta maybe? I am not sure about that though.QUOTE]

Stick with APX 100, nothing else will give you those tones, especially the Delta films (they are the Ilford answer to T-Max). Have you tried Fotoimpex in Berlin? They will send out to Netherlands. Plus they have a website www.fotoimpex.de & I think you can have it in English, but the German is pretty easy to understand.

Good luck,

Rolleijoe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin