Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,558   Online: 1114

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agreed.
    I remmeber in the 80s kodak used to send samples of their papers and films.
    The prints were usually gorgeous and we were never able to reproduce the tonal range, etc.....

EFKE 100 is an excellent film, so should be FOMA. Just use them and decide for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    As is sit here looking at the original print of the picture referenced above I can see that they look nothing alike in terms of warmth and tonal value.

I'd really like to know how anyone can determine the qualities of a film from a web posted digital scan of either the print or negative. Between monitors, scanners editing software etc the number of variables are endless. The one thing that is certain is that the picture you see on your screen is not going to look the same on mine. I can understand looking at posted pictures from a artistic point of view. Trying to distinguish any significant technical detail about how the film itself looks is a waste of time.

Not knowing anything about how the film was exposed, developed and printed further makes this type of analysis useless. For all anyone knows the film was lousy, developed poorly and then saved in photoshop. Or perhaps the film was excellent and the photoshop stage manipulation made it look worse.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    @ Donald: Do you use more Fomapan film: Fomapan T200 and Fomapan 400 and do you have also Diafine data available for that films?

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Medium Format
    looking foward to trying this film.

aristia.edu.ultra.[foma100 ]

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3184671

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis
    @ Donald: Do you use more Fomapan film: Fomapan T200 and Fomapan 400 and do you have also Diafine data available for that films?

Best regards,

Robert
    Fomapan 100 in sheets is the only Foma film I've used. I have used it with Diafine as well as HC-110 and (once) Caffenol; in Diafne I find it gives a very satisfactory EI 160, or a slightly tenuous EI 200, still with very fine grain and good sharpness. The Creative 200 (formerly T200) is said to be a tabular- or epitaxial-grain film, and as such likely gains much less from Diafine; the 400 is completely conventional and will likely give EI 800, give or take 1/3 stop.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin