Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,868   Online: 897

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Scratches

I'll second what Tom said and I have also used the PL100 in Xtol 1:1 with no scratch problems although the pyrocat will harden the negative a bit on its own. If the Efke used to sratch alot I haven't seen it in recent batches.
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You every washed your film in 90+ degree running cold water?

I use hardener in all my film fixes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Shively
    You every washed your film in 90+ degree running cold water?

I use hardener in all my film fixes.
    Lee, If I had to do high temperature film processing, I would probably do the same as you.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you allfor the information - I have learned a lot and reallyappreciate the input.
    I live in southern Ontario, Canada - even in the summer, tap water is no more than 22, 23 degrees Celsius - so that is not an issue.
    I see now that its not as simple a matter as "with this manufacturer you use this, with that the other..." - so I will have to give this issue a bit more thought. Being a realtive beginner to the darkroom, I do try to use the KISS principle - minimize the variables so that my mistakes are easier to track...so simplicity has been something I have tried to keep in my processes (mainly for that reason alone).
    I'm just glad to know that I can develop some Trix in Rodinal and fix it with Ilford Rapid fix and not have any inclement results.
    Thanks again,

Peter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin