Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,378   Online: 1051

Shooter
    35mm RF

Divided PQ paper developers

Anyone has a recipe of a divided phenidone-based paper developer they're willing to share? So far I've been using an ordinary metol developer but as the weather is getting hotter am having a hard time fixing the time/temperature variable of the process. There is a split metol-based dev recipe in the chemistry section here, but I would like to try phenidone for once.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by varjag
    Anyone has a recipe of a divided phenidone-based paper developer they're willing to share? So far I've been using an ordinary metol developer but as the weather is getting hotter am having a hard time fixing the time/temperature variable of the process. There is a split metol-based dev recipe in the chemistry section here, but I would like to try phenidone for once.
    Maine-iac's post in the Apug Chemical Recipes talks about recipes for both MQ and PQ.

Divided B&W paper developers
    Written by Maine-iac

http://www.apug.org/forums/article.php?a=87

----------------------------------------------------
    You could easily split ID-78 (a popular PQ paper developer).

http://www.apug.org/forums/article.php?a=23

ID-78 Warm Tone paper developer
    Written by Ian Grant

To split ID-78:
    Take the 62 grams of anhydrous Sodium Carbonate out of the recipe to make the “A” bath.

Dissolve the 62 grams of anhydrous Sodium Carbonate in a liter of water to make the “B” bath.

Have fun!
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you Tom! Will try that over the weekend.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin