Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,225   Online: 916

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not familiar with the properties of Aero film, but try pouring on the exposure to bump printing times. Give it a stop and then another to see what gives you a reasonable time. Keep development the same at first and see what you get, but it should give you a dense film with similar contrast. You will be shifting the density up, but how much depends on the film.

I have some film which needs just a 25 watt bulb and others which need more, but the contrast range needs to be there for good tonality throughout. Once you have exposure nailed down for print times, change development times to tweak contrast and you should be there. I'm using SBR numbers now and have had much better "luck" with contrast, but one thing at a time. tim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hi John;

Remember how to get to my place? Come on over sometime and see for yourself what "real" AZO prints look like. I have several hanging on my walls by George Provost and Paula Chamlee and these prints are technically perfect. Bring some of yours for comparison. You'll find it a good learning experience.

I also suggest that you are (unknowingly) making several fundamental mistakes in your approach and we can discuss those when you come over.

In the meantime, I encourage you go to the AZO Forum for all the answers you can possibly have about AZO. It's a really great resource.
    http://www.michaelandpaula.com/mp/AzoForum/default.asp

Give me a call or PM and we'll take it from there.

Cheers - Daniel

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier
    [SIZE=1]Hi John;

Remember how to get to my place? Come on over sometime and see for yourself what "real" AZO prints look like. I have several hanging on my walls by George Provost and Paula Chamlee and these prints are technically perfect. Bring some of yours for comparison. You'll find it a good learning experience.

I also suggest that you are (unknowingly) making several fundamental mistakes in your approach and we can discuss those when you come over.

In the meantime, I encourage you go to the AZO Forum for all the answers you can possibly have about AZO. It's a really great resource.
    http://www.michaelandpaula.com/mp/AzoForum/default.asp

Give me a call or PM and we'll take it from there.

Cheers - Daniel[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Hello Daniel,

I do remember the road to your house and will take you up on this offer when the pressures of summer relax a bit. I am absolutely certain that I am making more than a few mistakes, so there should be LOTS of room for improvement.
    I'll PM you later in the summer to arrange a get-together.

cheers and thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin