Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,975   Online: 931

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

What to do with fogged Polymax Fine Art

I have a 250 sheet box of badly fogged Kodak Polymax Fine Art paper. Hate to toss it. Any suggestions on getting some positive utility of the paper?

Cheers,
    Geary Lyons
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for, and your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. – John Prine

Images
    I let the kids draw on the back or do POP pictures on the front. Otherwise, if you need some black paper, expose it and develop. Best I can think of. I know it hurts as I've been tossing boxes of very old, fogged paper.

[ that's 500 ! ]
    Watch for Loose Gravel

B-3
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Use it to cover the light leaks in your darkroom.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If it's so badly fogged it can't even be used with a super-KBr-souped developer, or for lith printing, there isn't really that much to do. You can fix and wash it, then use it for alternative processes. Or burn it and extract the silver from the ashes.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Fix it out, wash it and sell it to a diginut for half price.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Fix it out, wash it, and print Platinum / Palladium on it. or Expose them all to direct sunlight, develop in Dektol, fix and wallpaper your darkroom with them. Sell them on Ebay as........"I got these from a neighbor who was moving and I don't know what they are. etc. etc." See, there's lots of stuff you can do with those.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Try a 1% solution of benzotriazole in your developer.It's available from the Formulary and relatively cheap, iirc. If it's still fogged make photograms or something. Also try toning the prints to mask the fog.
    To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men, — that is genius.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    POP might work - depends on how even the fogging is, as it would affect the shaded area. Using natural materials like leaves works well.

Fully fog it and develop it, then use it to 'clean' used selenium toner.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    Sell them on Ebay as........"I got these from a neighbor who was moving and I don't know what they are. etc. etc." See, there's lots of stuff you can do with those.
    Make sure that you take it out of the box and fan it out for a picture so that the buyers can see that it is nice and white for themselves .
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Perhaps you can use the paper for photograms; they've never been fussy.

Also, an photo/art teacher I know lets his students use old paper in the computer as a sub for inkjet paper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin