Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,854   Online: 1041

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Images

Delta 400 anyone tried it in DS-10 or DS-12

Just bought a 35mm bulk roll of Ilford Delta 400, can anyone recommend a developer that I can mix up myself, Ryuji Suzuki' DS-10 and DS-12 look interesting so does Sandy Kings Pyrocat hd, any thoughts?
    Last edited by bogeyes; 06-15-2005 at 06:00 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: missed a bit

Shooter
    35mm
    The only developer of the group with which I have experience is the Pyrocat HD. I have a vivid imagination but I can not envision a real life developer that is materially superior that has the qualities I desire: ease of use with a wide variety of films, flexible with a variety of techniques, acutance Vs grain, nice gradation, expense. Of course the gradation and acutance vs grain are the most important.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    DS-10 seems ideal with Delta 400. I'm making myself consume some outrageous amounts of HP5+ in my freezer (quite happily, though) and plan to return to some more focused use and testing of the D400 and DS-10. The few rolls I've done printed easily and beautifully and I can see using it as a "go to" combination. You can test it with phenidone but if you need to track down a supply source for Dimezone-S, one source is TechChem
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can provide the missing part of the puzzle: I tried Delta 400 in DS-12, and I liked it a lot. It gave very good sharpness without excessive grain. Better than Rodinal and FX-1 derivatives.

My standard developer for Delta 400, though, is closer to DS-10. I find that the film keeps its sharpness in fine-grain high-sulfite developers.

Images
    Sven, can you put me in the ball park with a dev. time/ temp speed rating, agitation etc.dev. in a small paterson tank, thankyou

Images
    Claire, can you give me a starting point : dilution, temp, agitation, film speed, how well does the pyrocat hd do in overcast conditions? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by psvensson
    I can provide the missing part of the puzzle: I tried Delta 400 in DS-12, and I liked it a lot. It gave very good sharpness without excessive grain. Better than Rodinal and FX-1 derivatives.

My standard developer for Delta 400, though, is closer to DS-10. I find that the film keeps its sharpness in fine-grain high-sulfite developers.
    I have no idea whatsoever...but can say there are a number of users in this forum who swear by delta 400 in perceptol 1+1, and sulk that sheet is no longer made. Peceptol being a high sulphite dev, as least in 1+0, less os 1+1...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was using DS-12 without the salicylic acid. Approximate times:

35mm: 72F 11 mins.
    120: 73F 16 mins.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stanworth
    I have no idea whatsoever...but can say there are a number of users in this forum who swear by delta 400 in perceptol 1+1, and sulk that sheet is no longer made. Peceptol being a high sulphite dev, as least in 1+0, less os 1+1...
    I should have said "medium sulfite" rather than "high." I use 50g/liter, which is the same as D-76 1:1 and probably close to Perceptol 1:1.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have not tried DS-12 with Delta 400, but it works very well with both Delta 100 and TMax 400.

I am using a modified version of DS-12 as a one shot developer without salycilic acid and only 2 grams per liter of sodium sulfite.

I intend to try DS-12 with salycilic acid - am waiting for the shipment to arrive.

I should add that my first choice developer would be Pyrocat-HD since I normally develop for Azo contact printing.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin