Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,566   Online: 1124

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Ari,

To date I have only used Xtol, T-Max and Flexicolor C-41 in my JOBO tanks. All worked very well once I got the times right.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Medium Format
    HC110 1:50 also works very well. I use the 1:32 times.
    John Harvey
    Colorado Springs, CO
    harveyje@usa.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been testing HC110 1:63 with HP5 using a Jobo rotary processor. The negs are what I would call "normal", definetly printable, but absolutely nothing special. I'm thinking that maybe the developer is too dilute? Contrast is there but the accutance is whats missing. The negs are simply not "punchy".

I'm moving on to Rodinal. Going to try a basic 1:50, and will be testing both hand processed & in-Jobo.

I'll report the results if there's interest

Daniel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi, I've been using a Jobo for about 20 years, mostly with D-76 and occasionally with Heico, F76+ and a few others. I used to develop some b&w prints in my Jobo but I found I like tray developing better and went back to that.

You need to approach the Jobo in the same manner as you would a new film or a new developer. You need to test and determine the optimum conditions for the look you want. The greatest advantage of the Jobo (IMHO) is precision; the greatest disadvantage is constant agitation. Once you work out a process that you like, you may find that the Jobo is much more efficient - but that only counts if you are processing a lot of film in a session.

Have fun!
    :D [SIZE=3]Jim[/SIZE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin