Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,558   Posts: 1,545,237   Online: 880

Thread: LPD Developer

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

LPD Developer

Wow I scored today.

A friend of mine gave a 1 gallon can of LPD powder. Like the smaller cans there isn't a way to recover once opened. But thats not the problem. I rarely use 5 gallons of developer in a sitting, if I dilute 1:4, so can I dived it into smaller quanities and keep the same developing qualities? I realize that the chemical mixed may not be consistent thru out the smaller versions. Will it be significant enough to make a big difference?

He also gave me an 8LB jug of Potassium Ferricyanide. This is surely a lifetime+ supply.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Break the "stock" LPD into small bottles full to the brim (I'm using 250ml nalgene bottles) and dilute just before using as a "one shot" develope.
    Mine have lasted 1 year and counting.

LPD is very versatile, if you want warmer images use 1+9 or so, and if you want colder images use 1+1 or 1+2. I love that stuff!!!
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Large Format
    I love the stuff as well, it is my favorite developer that is somewhat easy to find.
    You can replenish it if you use it 1:0 or 1:1 I believe. It lasts in stock solution for a long, long time.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks. So you are suggesting I mix the powder into a stock, which would give 5 gallons and thenbreak it into smaller quanities? How long is a long time?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    no ribersky, make the 1gallon stock... not the 5 gallon working solution
    And break it into 7 500ml bottles.
    16oz/500ml bolltes of sprite or similar work good.
    Mama took my APX away.....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin