Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,827   Online: 1069

Thread: Print Exchange

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Print Exchange

Hi Folks,

I've been running a print exchange since 1997. Roughly three times a year, 10 of us exchange bw fiber-based prints. These are "finished" prints. In other words they should be archivally processed, toned, and [COLOR=Red]spotted[/COLOR]. Usually, the prints are 8x10, but there have been other sizes. After the prints are exchanged, members write up some comments and send them to a private mailing list that all of the members are on. (These comments are a requirement.) We are having our next exchange October 3rd, and there are a couple of open spots. If you are interested in taking part, PM me. If there is more interest than spots available, I will put people on the wait list.

Regards,
    Peter De Smidt
    www.desmidt.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The October exchange is full up, as I limit the exchanges to 10 people. There is a wait list for future exchanges, though, and I'd be happy to add people to the list. As opennings come up, I'll email the first person on the wait list, then the second, and so on.

-Peter

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Peter,

You may find a more receptive audience in the "Member Organized Functions" thread which is a couple steps above "The Lounge" where I've been slumming all day.

Murray

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    For the full spectrum, try this
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum61/

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hope Peter doesn't mind me jumping in ...
    Looks like Brian started discussions about a print exchange a couple of years ago. There have been a few rounds organised by various people since then.

As Peter says; he has personally been running an exchange for the last 8 yrs or so, and it seems he wished to garnish a little more interest from apug. Incidentally there is a difference: 10 prints are exchanged instead of the 4-5 in the other general print exchange.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin