Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,049   Online: 818

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

FP4 developed as HP5 at 400 ISO

Can it be done?
    I see, I see, I get the picture!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    yes. made the mistake of rating my FP4 at 400 asa once. Process as a 2 stop push. Actually turned out very good, although a tad grainier than usual.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The MDC has info for Microphen, Perceptol (surprisingly...will have to try that sometime), and XTOL for that kind of EI, among the more common developers.

allan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    when talking 'bout pushing FP4 you should check out this APUG thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/11930-how-fast-push-ilford-fp4.html

NikoSperi talks about 6 stops of underexposure and provides af scan of a neg from that film.

Morten

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose
    yes. made the mistake of rating my FP4 at 400 asa once. Process as a 2 stop push. Actually turned out very good, although a tad grainier than usual.
    Thanks Eric. I forgot to mention that I am using DDX as developer and I am going to use a 1 + 4 solution. So here's wishing me luck

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    when talking 'bout pushing FP4 you should check out this APUG thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11930

NikoSperi talks about 6 stops of underexposure and provides af scan of a neg from that film.

Morten
    This is soo funny. Graham and I are actually work colleagues and he is opne of the rerasons why I am writing this today! Thanks for your help though!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd give it 16 minutes in DDX 1+4.
    You may get some no details in shadows but you can get usable pictures.

I believe that DDX 1+9 would be better but can;t guess a time on that... probably in the order of 30 minutes
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by North for Short
    Can it be done?
    Film speeds are very much set at the time of manufacture although they can be moderately changed by the developer type, processing method and developing time. An extra fine grain developer used undiluted may lose around one stop in emulsion speed yield when compared with a developer of the D-76 type (Perceptol and Microdol-X are developers of this type) and may be around one-third to two-thirds of a stop increase in a speed enhancing developer such as Microphen or T-MAX/T-MAX RS, so your film will still be under exposed even with the last type of developer. If your film has some important images and/or you wish to experiment, try using T-MAX developer and develop to Ilford`s recommended time for EI 400 ISO/ASA. If your film isn`t important and you don`t wish to experiment, then throw it away.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott.
    Film speeds are very much set at the time of manufacture although they can be moderately changed by the developer type, processing method and developing time. . If your film isn`t important and you don`t wish to experiment, then throw it away.
    I am afraid that the film is a very important film and just to let you know, I have processed the films and I have images from the negs. I will have to do a contact sheet and see where I go from there.

Thanks very much for the info. It has been quite informative.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by North for Short
    I am afraid that the film is a very important film and just to let you know, I have processed the films and I have images from the negs. I will have to do a contact sheet and see where I go from there.

Thanks very much for the info. It has been quite informative.

Just to let you all know, It worked brilliantly and two of the pictures are being submitted on my board, maybe one on here, if I feel brave enough.
    Last edited by North for Short; 07-03-2005 at 11:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin