Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,899   Online: 987

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Efke KB-400

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Efke KB-400

Hi,

Does anybody know how long the Efke KB-400 (135) should be developed in TMax 1+4 at 20C?

Many thanks,
    - Lajos

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find it odd that j&c sells this stuff, but does not even list a time/dev on their site. You could go to jandcphoto.com and then email them to find a time for T-Max dev.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard
    I find it odd that j&c sells this stuff, but does not even list a time/dev on their site. You could go to jandcphoto.com and then email them to find a time for T-Max dev.
    Does J&C sell KB400? I thought KB100 was the fastest Efke film they handled.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whoa -- when did Efke start making a 400 speed?! I need to get out more...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A quick Google search revealed this page with development times (including T-Max at 1+4) for Efke KB400:

http://www.photax.se/film/framkallningstidkb400.htm
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't even see KB400 on JandC's page. Where is it?

Images
    Efke does not make a 400 speed film. I believe that Efke KB400 is rebranded HP5.

Cheers,
    Geary
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for, and your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. – John Prine

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the answers; the 6.5mins sounds right.
    The truth is here: http://www.digitaltruth.com/chart/unlisted.html (Efke KB-400 = Ilford HP5+)
    I have just developed that roll (4.5 mins, 21C), it looks pretty nice.
    I don't know where it can be obtained in the States, my source is the Erod Foto store in Budapest, Hungary. The price is about $3 per roll, but the darkroom features are just great! eg. the casette can be opened with nails and so on.
    By the way... have you ever seen/tried Svema films? (I think it's Ukrainian) The documentation for those is just perfect. It says: "emulsion number: xxxx; developing time: 7 mins" and nothing else... My friend just finished a roll - we are very curious about the results... :o)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    Does J&C sell KB400? I thought KB100 was the fastest Efke film they handled.

It's listed on their site. I'll check again, however.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought it was listed on their site. Must be my memory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin